Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 16:26:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the QUIC WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Compatible Version Negotiation for QUIC
        Authors         : David Schinazi
                          Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation-05.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   QUIC does not provide a complete version negotiation mechanism but
   instead only provides a way for the server to indicate that the
   version the client offered is unacceptable.  This document describes
   a version negotiation mechanism that allows a client and server to
   select a mutually supported version.  Optionally, if the original and
   negotiated version share a compatible first flight format, the
   negotiation can take place without incurring an extra round trip.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation-05.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/