Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 23:39:02 -0800 (PST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/ops-drafts (+0/-0/💬3)
  1 issues received 3 new comments:
  - #428 UDP Ports and QUIC version (3 by martinthomson, mirjak, zaheduzzaman)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/428 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+7/-5/💬49)
  7 issues created:
  - Current version in version info breaks transport parameters design patterns (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/74 
  - Validation on incompatible negotiation (by kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/73 
  - validating Version Information on compatible negotiation (by kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/72 
  - Security issue when upgrading based on received version in header (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/70 
  - How can the server chosen version field be empty? (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/69 
  - Specify impact on 0-RTT, session resume tickets, etc. (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/68 
  - Specify impact on encryption keys (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/67 

  8 issues received 49 new comments:
  - #74 Current version in version info breaks transport parameters design patterns (7 by DavidSchinazi, huitema, kazu-yamamoto, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/74 
  - #73 Validation on incompatible negotiation (11 by DavidSchinazi, huitema, kazu-yamamoto, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/73 
  - #72 validating Version Information on compatible negotiation (7 by DavidSchinazi, kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/72 
  - #70 Security issue when upgrading based on received version in header (8 by DavidSchinazi, ekr, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/70 
  - #69 How can the server chosen version field be empty? (3 by DavidSchinazi, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/69 
  - #68 Specify impact on 0-RTT, session resume tickets, etc. (3 by DavidSchinazi, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/68 
  - #67 Specify impact on encryption keys (7 by DavidSchinazi, huitema, kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/67 
  - #25 Define something concrete for Retry (3 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/25 

  5 issues closed:
  - What happens when conversion fails? https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/17 [has-pr] 
  - Do applications define compatible versions? https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/41 [has-pr] 
  - Is handshake version information invariant? https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/27 [has-pr] 
  - Stable address tuple https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/18 [has-pr] 
  - How can the server chosen version field be empty? https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/69 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/version-negotiation (+2/-5/💬7)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Clarify that VN validation fails if server other versions are empty (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/75 
  - Clarify other versions empty (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/71 

  1 pull requests received 7 new comments:
  - #66 Special case QUIC version 1 (7 by DavidSchinazi, ekr, kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/66 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - Conversion cannot fail
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/60 
  - Clarify that clients only list useful compatible versions
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/61 
  - Clarify that Version Information is invariant but its encoding is not
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/63 
  - Soften requirement on address stability
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/64 
  - Clarify other versions empty
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/71 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation
* https://github.com/quicwg/quic-bit-grease
* https://github.com/quicwg/qlog