Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 00:38:52 -0700 (PDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+11/-0/💬0)
  11 issues created:
  - RFC Editor comment 10 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4976 
  - RFC Editor comment 9 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4975 
  - RFC Editor comment 8 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4974 
  - To avoid awkward hyphenation, may we rephrase this text?

Original (comment 6) (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4972 
  - Is "to the encoder" intended? (comment 2) (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4968 
  - Should the following text be formatted using <aside>? (comment 7) (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4973 
  - RFC Editor comment 5 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4971 
  - RFC Editor comment 3 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4969 
  - RFC Editor comment 4 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4970 
  - RFC Editor comment 1 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4967 
  - auth48 http/3: cite http2bis (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4966 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+0/-1/💬1)
  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #399 Caution that there are other protocols that amplify in packets and bytes (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/399 [-manageability] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Caution that there are other protocols that amplify in packets and bytes https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/399 [-manageability] 

* quicwg/datagram (+4/-0/💬7)
  4 issues created:
  - RFC Editor comment 2 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/82 
  - For clarity, may this sentence be updated as follows?

Original (comment 3) (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/83 
  - Would you like to change "and" to "-" here?

Current (comment 4) (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/84 
  - RFC Editor comment 1 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/81 

  4 issues received 7 new comments:
  - #84 Would you like to change "and" to "-" here?

Current (comment 4) (2 by DavidSchinazi, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/84 [auth48] 
  - #83 For clarity, may this sentence be updated as follows?

Original (comment 3) (2 by DavidSchinazi, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/83 [auth48] 
  - #82 RFC Editor comment 2 (2 by DavidSchinazi, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/82 [auth48] 
  - #81 RFC Editor comment 1 (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/81 [auth48] 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+0/-1/💬0)
  1 issues closed:
  - Split out Retry Services https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/157 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+8/-2/💬4)
  8 issues created:
  - Not a PR because it's late (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/98 
  - Don't restate requirements (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/97 
  - Choosing the original version (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/96 
  - Section 2.4 (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/95 
  - Original version in compatible negotiation (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/94 
  - Section 2.2 editorial (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/93 
  - Recommendations for ALPN (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/92 
  - Note that when you do incompatible VN you need to reset ALPN, etc. (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/91 

  3 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #98 Not a PR because it's late (2 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/98 
  - #92 Recommendations for ALPN (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/92 
  - #91 Note that when you do incompatible VN you need to reset ALPN, etc. (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/91 

  2 issues closed:
  - Note that when you do incompatible VN you need to reset ALPN, etc. https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/91 
  - Backward compatibility with the version negotiation of RFC 9000 https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/55 

* quicwg/qlog (+1/-1/💬3)
  1 issues created:
  - Take a long hard look at QPACK events (by rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/issues/199 

  3 issues received 3 new comments:
  - #199 Take a long hard look at QPACK events (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/issues/199 
  - #172 Decide if streaming serialization needs to be defined (1 by rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/issues/172 [design] [high-level-schema] [current-version] 
  - #142 Provide clear privacy and security guidelines (1 by rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/issues/142 [design] [future-versions] [privacy] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Decide if streaming serialization needs to be defined https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/issues/172 [design] [high-level-schema] [current-version] 

* quicwg/multipath (+0/-0/💬8)
  7 issues received 8 new comments:
  - #112 Modifications for Path State Figure in Section 4.2 (1 by Yanmei-Liu)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/issues/112 
  - #96 Choosing between a single packet number space vs. multiple packet number spaces (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/issues/96 [design] [needs-discussion] 
  - #95 Do we need a transport parameter to negotiate max path idle timeout? (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/issues/95 [design] [needs-discussion] 
  - #87 ECN support and single/multiple packet number spaces (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/issues/87 [has PR] [design] [needs-discussion] 
  - #50 Sending non-probe packets before path validation complete (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/issues/50 [design] [needs-discussion] 
  - #47 Should servers be allowed to open new paths? (2 by mirjak, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/issues/47 [design] [needs-discussion] 
  - #22 Are we sure we really don't need stand-by? (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/issues/22 [design] [needs-discussion] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/ops-drafts (+4/-3/💬6)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - LC directorate review acknowledgments (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/465 
  - OPSDIR: make it explicit that we're not talking about active measurement (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/464 
  - proposal for Paul Vixie's comments on identifying QUIC (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/463 
  - Address additional ARTART review comments (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/462 

  3 pull requests received 6 new comments:
  - #463 proposal for Paul Vixie's comments on identifying QUIC (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/463 
  - #462 Address additional ARTART review comments (4 by LPardue, britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/462 
  - #461 Document the possibility of infinite UDP reflection (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/461 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - LC directorate review acknowledgments
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/465 
  - proposal for Paul Vixie's comments on identifying QUIC
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/463 
  - Address additional ARTART review comments
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/462 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+0/-1/💬0)
  1 pull requests merged:
  - Split docs
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/163 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+0/-1/💬0)
  1 pull requests merged:
  - Special case QUIC version 1
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/66 

* quicwg/multipath (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - [~] modification for path states in Section 4.3 (by Yanmei-Liu)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/116 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation
* https://github.com/quicwg/quic-bit-grease
* https://github.com/quicwg/qlog
* https://github.com/quicwg/quic-v2
* https://github.com/quicwg/multipath