Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 23:38:46 -0800 (PST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/version-negotiation (+1/-13/💬8)
  1 issues created:
  - What does "compatible" VN mean (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/90 

  5 issues received 8 new comments:
  - #90 What does "compatible" VN mean (2 by DavidSchinazi, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/90 
  - #79 What is the negotiated version during the handshake? (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/79 
  - #74 Current version in version info breaks transport parameters design patterns (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/74 
  - #70 Security issue when upgrading based on received version in header (2 by DavidSchinazi, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/70 
  - #39 Packet loss during version negotiation (2 by DavidSchinazi, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/39 

  13 issues closed:
  - Define something concrete for Retry https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/25 
  - Refactor Retry and 0-RTT sections into a new "Considerations for compatibility with QUICv1" section https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/78 
  - Specify impact on 0-RTT, session resume tickets, etc. https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/68 
  - A value of 0 in the transport parameter https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/76 
  - What is the negotiated version during the handshake? https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/79 
  - validating Version Information on compatible negotiation https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/72 
  - Specify impact on encryption keys https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/67 
  - Security issue when upgrading based on received version in header https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/70 
  - Packet loss during version negotiation https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/39 
  - Current version in version info breaks transport parameters design patterns https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/74 
  - Don't assume a single protocol https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/81 
  - Differing levels of support for the standard https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/80 
  - Fix definition of "compatible" https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/77 

* quicwg/qlog (+2/-0/💬4)
  2 issues created:
  - Scope of draft-ietf-quic-qlog-main-schema (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/issues/197 
  - Should custom CDDL types be defned externally (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/issues/196 

  2 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #197 Scope of draft-ietf-quic-qlog-main-schema (2 by LPardue, rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/issues/197 
  - #196 Should custom CDDL types be defned externally? (2 by LPardue, rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/issues/196 

* quicwg/quic-v2 (+2/-0/💬0)
  2 issues created:
  - DoQ (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/quic-v2/issues/44 
  - Require use of version-info TP (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/quic-v2/issues/42 

* quicwg/multipath (+2/-0/💬5)
  2 issues created:
  - Loss Recovery and Congestion Control Pseudocode for multipath (by Yanmei-Liu)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/issues/111 
  - Clarify path closure based on discussion in issue #90 (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/issues/107 

  3 issues received 5 new comments:
  - #96 Choosing between a single packet number space vs. multiple packet number spaces (1 by Yanmei-Liu)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/issues/96 [design] [needs-discussion] 
  - #33 Basic Scheduling Guidance  (2 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/issues/33 [design] 
  - #22 Are we sure we really don't need stand-by? (2 by Yanmei-Liu, yfmascgy)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/issues/22 [design] [needs-discussion] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+3/-0/💬0)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - test solidarity bot (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4964 
  - HTTP cross references (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4963 
  - Missed one ASCII ref (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4962 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+0/-3/💬1)
  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #459 Opsdir comment by Al on versions (1 by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/459 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Opsdir comment by Al on versions
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/459 
  - Editorial: Explain impact of reordering
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/458 
  - Opsdir review by Al on old versions
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/460 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+7/-7/💬9)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Reorder sections (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/89 
  - Tweak QUICv1 compatibility requirements (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/88 
  - Clarify negotiated version (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/87 
  - handle TP with version = 0 (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/86 
  - clarify handling of multiple ALPNs (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/85 
  - Consider 0RTT in definition of compatible. (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/84 
  - much much shorter (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/83 

  4 pull requests received 9 new comments:
  - #85 clarify handling of multiple ALPNs (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/85 
  - #84 Consider 0RTT in definition of compatible. (2 by DavidSchinazi, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/84 
  - #82 Clarify minimum levels of compliance (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/82 
  - #66 Special case QUIC version 1 (5 by DavidSchinazi, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/66 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - Reorder sections
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/89 
  - Tweak QUICv1 compatibility requirements
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/88 
  - handle TP with version = 0
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/86 
  - Clarify negotiated version
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/87 
  - clarify handling of multiple ALPNs
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/85 
  - min support, but much much shorter
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/83 
  - Consider 0RTT in definition of compatible.
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/84 

* quicwg/qlog (+0/-3/💬1)
  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #194 Move to CDDL - HTTP3, QPACK (1 by lnicco)
    https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/pull/194 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Move to CDDL - HTTP3, QPACK
    https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/pull/194 
  - cddlify QUIC
    https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/pull/195 
  - Move to CDDL - main schema
    https://github.com/quicwg/qlog/pull/193 

* quicwg/quic-v2 (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Force VN support for all v2 endpoints (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/quic-v2/pull/43 

* quicwg/multipath (+4/-10/💬1)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - [~] fix server MUST validate paths before using them (by Yanmei-Liu)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/110 
  - [+] fix path_abandon type statement (by Yanmei-Liu)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/109 
  - Overview section (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/108 
  - Removing text about preferred_address (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/106 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #88 High level overview (1 by qdeconinck)
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/88 

  10 pull requests merged:
  - [+] fix path_abandon type statement
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/109 
  - update path closure figure and add one case for single PN
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/104 
  - Add implementation considerations to handle different PMTU sizes
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/105 
  - Overview section
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/108 
  - Removing text about preferred_address
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/106 
  - Moving second part of PR#99 to section 3
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/102 
  - cc must be per path
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/98 
  - new text on recovery
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/100 
  - Text from Olivier about active paths
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/94 
  - transport parameters in RFC9000 are unchanged
    https://github.com/quicwg/multipath/pull/99 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation
* https://github.com/quicwg/quic-bit-grease
* https://github.com/quicwg/qlog
* https://github.com/quicwg/quic-v2
* https://github.com/quicwg/multipath