Subject: Working Group Last Call: QUIC Version Negotiation

From: Matt Joras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 10:25:11 -0700

Hello all,

This email announces the WGLC of the latest QUIC version negotiation
draft[1]. This document has seen significant work and thanks to persistent
effort of the authors and other contributors the design and editorial
content has stabilized. The chairs and authors believe it is ready for a
last call. There are multiple interoperating implementations for compatible
version negotiation, and downgrade prevention has been deployed at scale.
This last call will run through April 26th. Please email any issues to the
list or file them on Github[2].

Thanks,
Matt & Lucas
QUIC WG Chairs

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation/
[2] https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 11:18:06 +0200

Thank you Matt!

The editors will strive to address editorial comments as they come in.
To help us with that process, I recommend that everyone review the latest
editor's copy available here:
https://quicwg.org/version-negotiation/draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation.html
That way you'll review the latest document with improvements made during
WGLC.

Thanks,
David

---

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 13:10:14 -0700

I have no issues with the VN draft, but I am somewhat concerned about going
to WGLC without QUICv2.

There are a few minor issues with v2 that we could resolve quickly. For me,
the main issue is that there are a whole bunch of considerations that
should go "somewhere", and it makes sense to look at these two drafts
together to make sure that everything is covered.

I'm happy to expedite resolving the remaining v2 issues if people agree
that looking at them together makes sense.