Subject: Issue: Attribute Usage

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:16:15 -0800

Issue: Attribute Usage

Submitter name:  Bernard Aboba

Submitter email address: [email-masked]

Date first submitted: December 30, 2008  

Reference: 

Document:  GUIDELINES

Comment type: Technical

Priority:  S

Section:  1, Appendix B

Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Section 1 of the document reads:

   In order to characterize current attribute usage, both the basic and
   complex data types defined in the existing RADIUS RFCs are reviewed,
   together with the ad-hoc extensions to that data model that have been
   used in Vendor-Specific Attributes.

Appendix B covers only data types used in existing RADIUS RFCs.   As far as I can tell,
the document does not catalog the ad-hoc extensions that have been used in
Vendor-Specific Attributes. 

Either the document needs to add material relating to ad-hoc extensions, or this
portion of the sentence needs to be removed.