Subject: FW: draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-01.txt

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:22:28 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Leslie Daigle [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 10:49 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: Bernard Aboba; David Nelson
Subject: draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-01.txt

Hi,

Looking for something completely different, I came across your RADEXT 
draft (draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-01.txt).

You need to know that NAPTR records cannot be used "in the wild" (as in, 
"just retrieve the NAPTR record"), as currently described in your document.

NAPTR records are part of the DNS implementation of the Dynamic 
Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) -- see RFC3403.  To use them, you 
need to define a DDDS application (as outlined in that suite of 
documents).

You may find that S-NAPTR (RFC3958) does the trick for you.

Leslie.
P.S.:  Feel free to forward this note to the WG mailing list, if that's 
useful.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality:
      Yours to discover."
                                 -- ThinkingCat
Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>