Subject: New NAS-Port-Types

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:38:45 +0200

Hello,

WiMAX Forum is defining new types of NASes that are used for
interworking/handover between WiMAX and WiFi, 3GPP, and 3GPP2.  So, new
NAS-Port-Types are needed.

But according to IANA:

	Sub-registry: Values for RADIUS Attribute 61, NAS-Port-Type
	Reference: [RFC2865]
	Registration Procedures: -->> Not defined <<--

What is the procedure to obtain new IANA-assigned NAS port types?

Alper

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 07:34:06 -0500

> What is the procedure to obtain new IANA-assigned NAS port types?

  Odd.  RFC 3575 *should* apply here.

http://iana.org/protocols/

  Under "RADIUS Attribute Values" says RFC 3575 applies.  This, however,
is not reflected in any of the following attributes (NAS-Port-Type,
Acct-Status-Type, etc.)  Some, such as Tunnel-Medium-Type, are marked
"IETF Consensus", when the RFC 3575 suggestion of "Designated Expert"
should apply, too.

  RFC 3575 makes it clear that the *only* RADIUS attribute handled that
requires IETF Consensus is Service-Type.

  Alan DeKok.

---

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 07:12:13 -0800

IANA considerations for RADIUS are defined in RFC 3575. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Alper Yegin
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 3:39 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: New NAS-Port-Types

Hello,

But according to IANA:

Alper