Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-radext-dtls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 04:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DTLS as a Transport Layer for RADIUS
	Author(s)       : A. DeKok
	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-dtls-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-10-08

The RADIUS protocol [RFC2865] has limited support for authentication
and encryption of RADIUS packets.  The protocol transports data "in
the clear", although some parts of the packets can have "hidden"
content.  Packets may be replayed verbatim by an attacker, and
client-server authentication is based on fixed shared secrets.  This
document specifies how the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
protocol may be used as a fix for these problems.  It also describes
how implementations of this proposal can co-exist with current RADIUS
systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-dtls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.