Subject: [radext] #150: OUI and Suite Type Reference

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 19:50:57 -0000

#150: OUI and Suite Type Reference

 The following sections refer to the OUI and Suite Type fields in IEEE
 802.11, but do not include explicit references:

 2.15 WLAN-Pairwise-Cipher
 2.16 WLAN-Group-Cipher
 2.17 WLAN-AKM-Suite
 2.18 WLAN-Group-Mgmt-Cipher

 Fix:

 In Section 2.15,  Value text should read:

    Value

       The Value field is four octets, containing a 32-bit unsigned
       integer, formatted as specified in Figure 8-187 within Section
       8.4.2.27.2 of [IEEE-802.11], with values of OUI and Suite Type
       drawn from Table 8-99.

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                OUI                            |  Suite Type   |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

 In Section 2.16,  Value text should read:

    Value

       The Value field is four octets, containing a 32-bit unsigned
       integer, formatted as specified in Figure 8-187 within Section
       8.4.2.27.2 of [IEEE-802.11], with values of OUI and Suite Type
       drawn from Table 8-99.

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                OUI                            |  Suite Type   |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

 In Section 2.17,  Value text should read:

    Value

       The Value field is four octets, containing a 32-bit unsigned
       integer, formatted as specified in Figure 8-187 within Section
       8.4.2.27.2 of [IEEE-802.11], with values of OUI and Suite Type
       drawn from Table 8-101.

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                OUI                            |  Suite Type   |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

 In Section 2.18,  Value text should read:

    Value

       The Value field is four octets, containing a 32-bit unsigned
       integer, formatted as specified in Figure 8-187 within Section
       8.4.2.27.2 of [IEEE-802.11], with values of OUI and Suite Type
       drawn from Table 8-99.

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                OUI                            |  Suite Type   |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  ieee802ext               |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/150>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 20:09:34 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 within IEEE 802.11, the term "Suite type" is used, rather than "Suite
 Type". Also, Figure 8-187 defines the "Suite selector format".   So an
 amended fix is as follows (leaving out the diagrams):

 Value

 The Value field is four octets, containing a 32-bit unsigned
 integer, in Suite selector format as specified in Figure 8-187 within
 Section
 8.4.2.27.2 of [IEEE-802.11], with values of OUI and Suite type
 drawn from Table 8-99.

 Value

 The Value field is four octets, containing a 32-bit unsigned
 integer, in Suite selector format as specified in Figure 8-187 within
 Section
 8.4.2.27.2 of [IEEE-802.11], with values of OUI and Suite type
 drawn from Table 8-99.

 Value

 The Value field is four octets, containing a 32-bit unsigned
 integer, in Suite selector format as specified in Figure 8-187 within
 Section
 8.4.2.27.2 of [IEEE-802.11], with values of OUI and Suite type
 drawn from Table 8-101.

 Value

 The Value field is four octets, containing a 32-bit unsigned
 integer, in Suite selector format as specified in Figure 8-187 within
 Section
 8.4.2.27.2 of [IEEE-802.11], with values of OUI and Suite type
 drawn from Table 8-99.

 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/150#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 00:58:58 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                    |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  ieee802ext               |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://ebook.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/150#comment:2>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>