Subject: [radext] #152: Section 2.7: Network-Id-Name

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 22:48:00 -0000

#152: Section 2.7:  Network-Id-Name

 Zero or one Network-Id-Name Attribute is permitted within a RADIUS
       Access-Request or Accounting-Request packet.  When included within
       an Access-Request packet, the Network-Id-Name Attribute represents
       a hint of the NID-Name to which the Supplicant should be granted
       access.  In order to indicate which network names the Supplicant
       is permitted to access, the Allowed-Called-Station-Id Attribute is
       provided within an Access-Accept.  When included within an
       Accounting-Request packet, the Network-Id-Name Attribute
       represents the NID-Name to which the Supplicant has been granted
       access.

 [BA] Should a Network-Id-Name attribute be allowed in an Access-Accept in
 order to permit the RADIUS server to determine what NID-Name the
 supplicant is given access to after authentication?

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  critical                 |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  ieee802ext               |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://ebook.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/152>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "Joseph Salowey (jsalowey)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 23:57:36 +0000

> supplicant is given access to after authentication?

[Joe] Yes.

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 02:47:47 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Recommended text:

 Zero or one Network-Id-Name Attribute is permitted within a
 RADIUS Access-Request, Access-Accept or Accounting-Request packet. When
 included within an Access-Request packet, the Network-Id-Name Attribute
 represents a hint of the NID-Name to which the Supplicant should be
 granted access. When included within an Access-Accept packet, the Network-
 Id-Name Attribute represents the NID-Name to which the Supplicant is to be
 granted access.  When included within an Accounting-Request packet, the
 Network-Id-Name Attribute represents the NID-Name to which the Supplicant
 has been granted access.

 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/152#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 01:57:51 -0000

The following sentence is also included in the Network-Id-Name section:

 In order to indicate which network names the Supplicant is
 permitted to access, the Allowed-Called-Station-Id Attribute is provided
 within an Access-Accept.

 Can I presume that this sentence is to be removed?

Ticket URL: <https://ebook.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/152#comment:2>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 02:03:11 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  critical                 |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  ieee802ext               |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/152#comment:3>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>