Subject: [radext] #154: Section 2.10 WLAN-HESSID

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 22:54:01 -0000

#154: Section 2.10 WLAN-HESSID

 The WLAN-HESSID attribute contains a MAC address that identifies
       the Homogenous Extended Service Set. The HESSID is a globally
       unique identifier that in conjunction with the WLAN-SSID, may be
       used to provide network identification for a subscription service
       provider network (SSPN), as described in Section 8.4.2.94 of
       [IEEE-802.11].  A single WLAN-HESSID Attribute is permitted within
       an Access-Accept or Accounting-Request packet.

 [BA] The above text does not make it clear what a RADIUS client is
 supposed to do on receipt of a WLAN-HESSID within an Access-Accept.  Also,
 why would a WLAN-HESSID not be permitted within an Access-Request?

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  critical                 |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  ieee802ext               |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/154>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>