Subject: Re: [radext] #179 (radius-fragmentation): draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-06: IANA considerations

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 09:05:48 -0000

#179: draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-06: IANA considerations

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 That's right. Besides, there was an errata, as the text said "RADIUS
 messages" where it should have stated "RADIUS attributes" instead. This
 new text for the IANA consderations section is based on RFC  5226
 suggestions:

 The authors request that Attribute Types and Attribute Values defined
    in this document be registered by the Internet Assigned Numbers
    Authority (IANA) from the RADIUS namespaces as described in the "IANA
    Considerations" section of [RFC3575], in accordance with BCP 26
    [RFC5226].  For RADIUS packets, attributes and registries created by
    this document IANA is requested to place them at
    http://www.iana.org/assignments/radius-types.

    In particular, this document defines two new RADIUS attributes,
    entitled "Frag-Status" and "Proxy-State-Len" (see section 9),
    assigned values of TBD1 and TBD2 from the Long Extended Space of
    [RFC2865]:

        Tag    Name            Length  Meaning
        ----   ----            ------  -------
        TBD1   Frag-Status     7       Signals fragmentation
        TBD2   Proxy-State-Len 7       Indicates the length of the
                                       received Proxy-State attributes

    The Frag-Status attribute also defines a 8-bit "Code" field, for
    which the IANA is to create and maintain a new sub-registry entitled
    "Code values" under the RADIUS "Frag-Status" attribute.  Initial
    values for the RADIUS Frag-Status "Code" registry are given below;
    future assignments are to be made through "RFC required" [IANA-
    CONSIDERATIONS].  Assignments consist of a Frag-Status "Code" name
    and its associated value.

           Value    Frag-Status Code Name           Definition
           ----     ------------------------        ----------
           0        Reserved                        See Section 9.1
           1        Fragmentation-Supported         See Section 9.1
           2        More-Data-Pending               See Section 9.1
           3        More-Data-Request               See Section 9.1
           4-255    Unassigned

    Additionally, allocation of a new Service-Type value for "Additional-
    Authorization" is requested.

           Value    Service Type Value              Definition
           ----     ------------------------        ----------
           TBA      Additional-Authorization        See section 4.1

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  radius-fragmentation     |     Version:
 Severity:  Waiting for Shepherd     |  Resolution:
  Writeup                            |
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/179#comment:2>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>