Subject: Re: [radext] #180 (radius-fragmentation): draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-06: mop-up of small comments

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 22:20:43 -0000

#180: draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-06: mop-up of small comments

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 > the section deals with CoA and co-location with a RADIUS server. It was
 impossible for me to follow the prose text - an ASCII-art flow picture is
 badly needed here!

 I've written some clarifying text and added some diagrams.

 We should also note that using proxies with CoA is currently *impossible*
 in RADIUS.  There is no specification for how to proxy CoA packets across
 multiple hops.

 It would seem that this document depends on the document which fixes CoA
 proxying.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  radius-fragmentation     |     Version:
 Severity:  Waiting for Shepherd     |  Resolution:
  Writeup                            |
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/180#comment:2>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 12:36:48 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Thanks for the clarifying text and ASCII-art on CoA. I think it really
 helps the document.

 Most of the comments were fixed with -07; what remains is:

 * 1. Introduction, the first "bullet" paragraph. The last sentence "...
 entirely ..." sounds strange. Did you want to express that the approach is
 not useful in this context because it "... only ..." solves server-to-NAS?

 * second bullet: What is a SAML "Sentence"? I know SAML *messages* and
 *assertions* and *attributes*, but no sentences ...

 * The sentence in 7.1 now reads: "Should they are unable to add this
 information to the packet, they may silently discard forwarding it to its
 destination, leading to DoS situations." This still sounds a bit strange.
 A simple s/are/be/ would fix this.

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/180#comment:3>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>