Subject: [radext] RFC 7360 on Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) as a Transport Layer for RADIUS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 17:29:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7360

        Title:      Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) 
                    as a Transport Layer for RADIUS 
        Author:     A. DeKok
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 60007
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-dtls-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7360.txt

The RADIUS protocol defined in RFC 2865 has limited support for
authentication and encryption of RADIUS packets.  The protocol
transports data in the clear, although some parts of the packets can
have obfuscated content.  Packets may be replayed verbatim by an
attacker, and client-server authentication is based on fixed shared
secrets.  This document specifies how the Datagram Transport Layer
Security (DTLS) protocol may be used as a fix for these problems.  It
also describes how implementations of this proposal can coexist with
current RADIUS systems.

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Jouni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 11:45:07 +0300

Congratulations to Alan and the WG for completing this RFC. 

-- 
Jouni Korhonen
Broadcom

(Sent from my mobile..)

Välitetty viesti:

> Lähettäjä: [email-masked]
> Päiväys: 5. syyskuuta 2014 3.29.58 UTC+3
> Vastaanottaja: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Kopio: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Aihe: [radext] RFC 7360 on Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) as a Transport Layer for RADIUS
> 
> _______________________________________________
> radext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext

---

From: "Leaf Yeh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 16:58:03 +0800

Congrats!  

+1

Best Regards,

Leaf

From: radext [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jouni
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 4:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [radext] Fwd: RFC 7360 on Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) as a Transport Layer for RADIUS

-- 

Jouni Korhonen

Broadcom

(Sent from my mobile..)

Välitetty viesti:

       RFC 7360

The RFC Editor Team