Subject: Re: [radext] #178 (radius-fragmentation): fragments going in both directions - allowed or not?

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 06:47:28 -0000

#178: fragments going in both directions - allowed or not?

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I've changed that paragraph to:
 * Indicate that the exchange of authorization data is not mandatory
 * Add the word MAY to reflect that
 * Add a sentence explicitly forbidding the "other" direction

 [...]
 We can distinguish two phases, which can be omitted if there is no
 authorization data to be sent:

    1.  Pre-authorization.  In this phase, the NAS MAY send a large packet
 with authorization information to the AS before the end user is
 authenticated.  Only the NAS is allowed to send authorization data during
 this phase.

    2.  Post-authorization.  In this phase, the AS MAY send a large packet
 with authorization data to the NAS after the end user has been
 authenticated.  Only the AS is allowed to send authorization data during
 this phase.
 [...]

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  radius-fragmentation     |     Version:
 Severity:  Waiting for Shepherd     |  Resolution:
  Writeup                            |
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/178#comment:3>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>