Subject: [radext] Document Action: 'NAI-based Dynamic Peer Discovery for RADIUS/TLS and RADIUS/DTLS' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 06:12:37 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'NAI-based Dynamic Peer Discovery for RADIUS/TLS and RADIUS/DTLS'
  (draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-15.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise, Kathleen Moriarty and Joel
Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies a means to find authoritative RADIUS servers
   for a given (NAI) realm using the DNS infrastructure.  It can be used in
   conjunction with either RADIUS/TLS and RADIUS/DTLS, or even with
   current RADIUS  transport if transport level security is not a concern.
   The solution similar but more up to date version of Diameter DNS-based
   peer discovery.

Working Group Summary

   There was working group consensus for this draft and a few
   implementations.

Document Quality

   There are multiple implementations and the solution is also
   deployed as part of the global Eduroam consortium RADIUS
   roaming infrastructure.
   The document needs S-NAPTR and the Service Name and Transport
   Protocol Port Number registry expert reviews during IANA allocations.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is Jouni Korhonen  and the Area Director is 
   Kathleen Moriarty.

  The IANA Expert(s) for the registry added (S-NAPTR Application
  Service and Protocol Tags) in this document is Jouni Korhonen
  ([email-masked])

IANA Note

  Expert review is requested for 
   1) "radiustls" and "radiusdtls" from the Service Name and Transport
        Protocol Port Number registry 
     The IANA experts pool is Joe Touch; Eliot Lear, Allison Mankin,
     Markku Kojo, Kumiko Ono, Martin Stiemerling, Lars Eggert, Alexey
     Melnikov and Wes Eddy

   2) a number of Object Identifiers
      The IANA expert is Russ Housley.