Subject: [radext] #193 (bigger-packets): clarify "endpoint" for coexistence with RADIUS fragmentation

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 06:22:56 -0000

#193: clarify "endpoint" for coexistence with RADIUS fragmentation

 The notion of an endpoint is introduced. It appears to me like the
 decision to use either bigger-packets or RADIUS Fragementation is made
 on a hop-by-hop basis. Did you mean something like "next hop" (as that
 next hop may be an endpoint, or another proxy).
 I assume that when deciding to use RADIUS Fragmentation for a next hop
 whose support for this specification is not known, the generated request
 packet would still be augmented with a Response-Length attribute to
 learn about the next hop's capabilities? If so, can this be made
 explicit in the text?

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  bigger-packets           |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/193>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 10:18:26 -0400

I'm happy to address this in the next rev; it seems easy.