Subject: [radext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-radext-coa-proxy-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 11:09:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Dynamic Authorization Proxying in Remote Authorization Dial-In User Service Protocol (RADIUS)
        Authors         : Alan DeKok
                          Jouni Korhonen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-coa-proxy-06.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-08-15

Abstract:
   RFC 5176 defines Change of Authorization (CoA) and Disconnect Message
   (DM) behavior for RADIUS.  That document suggests that proxying these
   messages is possible, but gives no guidance as to how it is done.
   This specification corrects that omission for scenarios where
   networks use Realm-based proxying as defined in RFC 7542.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-coa-proxy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-radext-coa-proxy-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-radext-coa-proxy-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-radext-coa-proxy-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:10:30 -0400

A few more changes with this draft:

* updates as per IESG review

* note that we update Section 5 of RFC 5580 to allow Operator-Name in
  CoA-Request and Disconnect-Request packets

* update the discussion of Operator-NAS-Identifier to remove text on
  "verification", and to note that it is simply an opaque token with
  minimal other meaning.  And no requirement for privacy, integrity
  checks, or replay prevention.

* note that when the Visited Server removes the Operator-Name and
  Operator-NAS-Identifier attribute, it MUST add a NAS-Identifier, or
  NAS-IP-Address, or NAS-IPv6-Address attribute.  i.e. On the reverse
  path, it MUST undo the editing it did on the forward path.

> On Aug 15, 2018, at 2:09 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> radext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext