Subject: (radius) Implementation survey

From: Carl Rigney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 03:35:39 -0800 (PST)

As part of moving RADIUS from Proposed to Draft Standard I need to
write an informational RFC documenting interoperability among
independent implementations.

If you have a RADIUS server or client and would like to be mentioned,
would you please email me (NOT the list, just me) the following info
by 11/10, and I'll write up a summary and post it to the mailing list
before submitting it.

Whether its a RADIUS server or client or both
Name of product (optional)
Company or Organizational name
Contact person & email address (optional).
If the implementation was done only referring to the RFCs, specify
that, or if you based on yours on someone else's (such as Livingston's
1.13 or 1.16 source code), specify its ancestor.
If you want to mention that it was successful at either the first or
second RADIUS interoperability experiences, you're welcome to do so,
but you don't have to.
Optionally, you can add a paragraph mentioning anything else that you
think relevant (like language of implementation, number of years its
been available, or whatever), but no ads please.  If it has any
interoperability issues that you're aware of and you'd like to mention
them, that'd be fine.
If you want to include a URL pointing to more info that's excellent,
but certainly optional.

--
Carl Rigney
[email-masked]

"We reject kings, presidents and voting.
 We believe in rough consensus and running code."
-- Dave Clark 1992
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 21:39:29 +0100

>by 11/10, and I'll write up a summary and post it to the mailing list

Remember to include in the documentation a list of supported features;
the IETF rules say that *every feature* of a protocol, optional or not,
must be implemented by at least 2 independent implementations (in this case,
2 clients and 2 servers).
Otherwise, it will be removed from the draft version.

(Better get that feature listing completed, too....)

                   Harald A

-- 
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
[email-masked]

-

---

From: Aydin Edguer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 16:34:29 -0500 (EST)

> (Better get that feature listing completed, too....)

Carl, are you going to put together a feature listing?  Or would it be
better to have one of use volunteer, so that you can get the draft
document of the Draft-Standard completed?
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.