Subject: RE: (radius) Username/User-Password attributes (fwd)

From: MegaZone <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 22:54:56 -0800 (PST)

Once upon a time Beadles, Mark A. shaped the electrons to say...
>1) Compulsory tunneling of a connection based solely on number dialed.
>2) Compulsory tunneling of a connection based solely on calling number.
>3) Application of a preset filter to a connection based solely on number
>dialed.
>4) Selection of a secondary authentication server based solely on number
>dialed.

All good.  I also know of one user who wants to use Call-Check with a PM-3 
and Lucent RADIUS 2.1b6 to do a *dialback* for specific Calling-Station-Ids - 
5551212 calls in, the unit dials them back at that number. Nifty way to
trigger dialback - the normal method being to dialin, authenticate via
username/password, then disconnet and be called back.  This way there is
no charge for the inbound call.

I think it is safe to say that there are a number of legitimate reasons to
use Call-Check *without* an accompanying username/password immediately 
following.

-MZ
-- 
<URL:mailto:[email-masked]> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me..
Join ISP/C Internet Service Providers' Consortium <URL:http://www.ispc.org/>
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 781-788-0130
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/>  <URL:http://www.gweep.net/>  Hail Discordia!
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: "Mugur Tomita" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:20:11 +0200

Hi

I have a PortMaster 2 with ELSA 56K and Motorola 28.8K modems. I want to set PM2
to let a user that calls one of my modems go into Internet without any
authentication.
I mean that I want the user not to be asked for any username or password...
Does anybody knows how should I do?

TIA,
Mugur

-

---

From: MegaZone <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 23:28:54 -0800 (PST)

You are asking the wrong group - this is the ietf-radius group - used by
the IETF RADIUS WG for discussion of the development of the RADIUS protocol.
It is not a support group.

You want [email-masked] and/or 
[email-masked]

-MZ

Once upon a time Mugur Tomita shaped the electrons to say...

-