Subject: (radius) Class attribute

From: "Yong Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 13:46:48 -0400

In the latest draft: draft-ietf-radius-raidus-v2-01.txt

The description for Class attribute:

This Attribute is available to be sent by the server to the client
in an Access-Accept and "SHOULD" be sent unmodified by the client to
the accounting server as part of the Accounting-Request packet if
accounting is supported.  The client MUST NOT interpret the
attribute locally.

Notice here the behavior of the NAS has been changed from MUST to 
SHOULD.  Is there any reason for this?

In a previous section (2.3):
A forwarding server MUST not modify existing Proxy-State, State, or 
Class attributes present in the packet.

What good will this do if the NAS does not send back the Class attribute?

Yong Li
Software Designer
Bridgewater Systems Corp.

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.