Subject: (radius) Proxy-State and Class attribute survey

From: "Huw Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 23:43:33 GMT

Hi,

Having spent too much time debugging interoperability problems in proxy 
chaining scenarios, I'd really appreciate RADIUS server and client (NAS etc) 
implementors helping me and others by answering the following questions 
about their Proxy-State and Class attribute support. I realize that this is 
not strictly related to the working group activities but I see that the 
designers of most the major RADIUS implementations are regular contributors.

I've already learned the answer to some of these questions but instead of 
posting them and receiving lots of "That was a bug in version [x] and in 
version [x+1] we support...", I'd rather get the latest answer direct from 
the designers themselves.

Thanks in advance.

RADIUS Server
-------------

Product:
Version:

1) Does your server add the Class attribute to responses?

If yes, how many and what is the maximum number of bytes in this attribute?

2) Does your server strip/truncate Class attributes if already present in 
responses before forwarding to the client?

If yes, what are the strip/truncate rules e.g. discard all but first/last, 
discard more that [n] bytes etc?

3) Does your server strip/truncate Proxy-State attributes if already present 
in responses before forwarding to the client?

If yes, what are the strip/truncate rules e.g. discard all but first/last, 
discard more that [n] bytes etc?

If your RADIUS server supports proxying, please complete the next section 
too (RADIUS client is not just NAS since RADIUS 'servers' also act as 
clients in proxy chains).

RADIUS Clients
-------------

Product:
Version:

1) Does your client add the Proxy-State attribute to requests?

If yes, how many and what is the maximum number of bytes in this attribute?

2) Does your client strip/truncate Class attributes if already present in 
requests before forwarding to the server?

If yes, what are the strip/truncate rules e.g. discard all but first/last, 
discard more that [n] bytes etc?

3) Does your client strip/truncate Proxy-State attributes if already present 
in requests before forwarding to the server?

If yes, what are the strip/truncate rules e.g. discard all but first/last, 
discard more that [n] bytes etc?

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.