Subject: [Rai-discuss] RAI scheduling

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 10:54:11 -0700

In order to reduce RAI's footprint on IETF scheduling, have we considered
purposefully double-book RAI sessions which are more-or-less standalone?  For
example, SPEECSC, XCON, or MEDIACTRL could be scheduled at the same time as
SIP or MMUSIC with little harmful effect.  Am I wrong?

-d

_______________________________________________
Rai-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rai-discuss

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 13:02:10 -0500

Personally, I attend both SIP and XCON and due to past conflicts have
only been able to attend MEDIACTRL half the time (I think it's been
scheduled opposite SIMPLE twice).  Also, given that MEDIACTRL does have
interactions with SDP, I don't think it's good for those folks to miss
MMUSIC.

Personally, I liked the schedule last time whereby we had no RAI
conflicts due to limiting groups like SIPPING, SIP and MMUSIC to one
session. The negative side of that of course was that we missed out on
discussing some key topics. OF course, there's been no discussion on
those topics (e.g., SIP extensibility: INFO, TOTE, etc.) on the list, so
maybe they're not so important. 

Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Dan Wing
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 12:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Rai-discuss] RAI scheduling

In order to reduce RAI's footprint on IETF scheduling, have we
considered purposefully double-book RAI sessions which are more-or-less
standalone?  For example, SPEECSC, XCON, or MEDIACTRL could be scheduled
at the same time as SIP or MMUSIC with little harmful effect.  Am I
wrong?

-d

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 13:09:09 -0500

> SIP or MMUSIC with little harmful effect.  Am I wrong?

Scheduling XCON against SIP would mean an XCON session with maybe one 
chair -- but probably zero -- and absolutely no participants. XCON 
against MMUSIC would yield similar, if slightly less dire, results.

/a

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 13:46:36 -0500

Nope. What we've done is turn many of our most productive people into  
working group chairs, assuring that we can never schedule two working  
groups simultaneously.

That's why only moderately productive (or nostly non productive)  
people like me should chair ;-).

On May 12, 2008, at 12:54 PM, Dan Wing wrote:

> considered