Subject: Re: [RAI] RAI re-org and non-WG drafts

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:58:59 -0600

On Feb 21, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:

> Howdy,
> I'd like to understand how any of the non-WG drafts will be handled  
> for this coming IETF meeting, and going forward.
>
> There are many drafts that have been discussed previously in the SIP  
> and SIPPING WG's, and presumably there will be some new ones  
> submitted before IETF 74's deadline.  If the plan is to change to  
> the new organization for IETF 74, what happens to those drafts?  Do  
> we need to re-submit them to a DISPATH list, and then get consensus  
> on whether they go into a current WG or need a BOF?  And if so, can  
> we do that right now so we don't lose a whole meeting cycle?
>
> In particular, the following is the list of current (not expired)  
> drafts in SIP, I think:
> draft-elwell-sip-e2e-identity-important-02
> draft-holmberg-sip-keep-03
> draft-kaplan-sip-session-id-01
> draft-kuthan-sip-derive-00
> draft-munakata-sip-privacy-guideline-04
> draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-05
> draft-roach-sip-http-subscribe-01
> draft-rosenberg-sip-target-uri-delivery-00
> draft-rosenberg-sip-tote-02
> draft-york-sip-visual-identifier-trusted-identity-01
> draft-zourzouvillys-sip-via-cookie-00
>

The chairs' current thinking, if I understand it, is that we will meet  
later this week and make a first pass cut at what-goes where.

For the meeting in San Francisco, SIP/SIPPING basically has three  
sessions booked. We're considering using one session to focus on the  
"DISPATCH-like" topics, part of one session on the "SIPCORE-like  
topics", and the remaining time to address existing SIP/SIPPING  
deliverables that don't fit either of those categories but that we  
plan to finish in the existing working groups before closing down.

Hopefully we'll have a draft agenda kicking around by the first of  
next week.

--
Dean