Subject: [RAI] SIPCORE and DISPATCH additional information

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:10:48 -0500

Folks -

DISPATCH and SIPCORE have been approved. Their charters are available at
<http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/sipcore-charter.html> and
<http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dispath-charter.html>

The milestones in those charters capture most of how work is  
transitioning from
SIP and SIPPING.  This message adds detail and discusses what's not  
reflected
in those milestones.

The draft standard related milestones have been dropped.

draft-ietf-sip-ipv6-abnf-fix will continue to be tracked in SIPCORE
as part of the essential corrections process.

Location conveyance is moving to SIPCORE, and we will start a thread
on its list to ask the community if it can be finished in GEOPRIV.

Presence scaling requirements is moving to SIPCORE. DISPATCH should  
take it
into consideration for the potential scope of the possible overload  
working
group.

The milestone to produce the SAML for SIP work has been withdrawn, the  
core
of the work will be AD sponsored as experimental, and the authors may  
bring
the rest to DISPATCH to work out how to best progress it.

The documents that are already in Publication Requested or in IESG  
review will
will be keeping their current document shepherds.

The overload requirements and profile datasets currently in progress  
will be AD
sponsored going forward (DISPATCH will take them into consideration as  
part of
their analysis of the potential working groups in those areas).

draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios will progress as AD sponsored.

The discussion on rejecting offers in PRACK should resume in SIPCORE.

The dates in the milestones in the two charters are strawmen. The  
groups should
quickly review and adjust them.

The DISPATCH milestones are a rough strawman starting point. Folks  
with new ideas should
start working on proposals for DISPATCH to consider before/during its  
first
in-person meeting in Stockholm. With these proposals, we can take  
consensus calls to add
and remove milestones as appropriate.

Finally, thank you to everyone who has participated in the discussion  
around the
formation of these new groups, and thanks in advance to those putting  
in extra
effort to help with the transition. See you on the lists!

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:22:46 -0500

(just to follow up - when robert says "see you on the lists", he probably 
means the NEW mailing lists named in the charter announcements! :-)

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch

Thanks,

Spencer

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Robert Sparks" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:10 PM
Subject: [RAI] SIPCORE and DISPATCH additional information

> See you on the lists!

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:55:02 -0500

><http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dispath-charter.html>

is there an obvious reason why I get a 404 error each time I attempt 
to click on the DISPATCH link above?

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:57:10 -0500

> to click on the DISPATCH link above?

Replace "dispath" with "dispatch".

[Robert has put a lot of work into making the transition happen -- 
having a typo slip in at this point in the process is quite 
understandable :)]

/a

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:57:16 -0600

> to click on the DISPATCH link above?

Correct link should be
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dispatch-charter.html

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:57:46 -0500

It should be http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dispatch-charter.html (with a 
"c" in "dispatch")...

Thanks,

Spencer

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
To: "Robert Sparks" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: [RAI] SIPCORE and DISPATCH additional information

> is there an obvious reason why I get a 404 error each time I attempt to 
> click on the DISPATCH link above?
> _______________________________________________
> RAI mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rai
>

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:41:31 -0400

Is there automatic transfer of sip -> sipcore or sipping -> dispatch, or do
we have to manually subscribe?

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Spencer Dawkins
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [RAI] SIPCORE and DISPATCH additional information

Thanks,

Spencer

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:07:37 -0600

> we have to manually subscribe?

Unfortunately, folks have to re-subscribe. I find the easiest way is  
web pages at

My apologies that folks need to re-subscribe.

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:07:25 -0500

You'll need to subscribe.

RjS

---

From: "Mike Hammer (hmmr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:29:46 -0400

But, that might also help clean out crufty addresses.  :)

Mike

> Cullen Jennings (fluffy)
> Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:08 PM
> To: Brian Rosen
> Cc: [email-masked]