Subject: [RAI] Q. on WG Documents

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 02:26:11 +0800

Practical question:
OK, so now I'm going to do the (final?!?) update to INFO.

I'll bet dollars-to-donuts that if I submit draft-ietf-sipping-info- 
events-06, the announcement will go to sipping and not sipcore.

If I submit draft-ietf-sipcore-info-events-00, the document will get  
held.

What is a lowly draft editor to do?

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:31:33 -0500

Eric:

Gonzalo and I will be getting in touch with the various document editors 
shortly to let them know how to handle new revisions. Give us a few days 
while we spin things up.

/a

Eric Burger wrote:
> I'll bet dollars-to-donuts that if I submit 
> draft-ietf-sipping-info-events-06, the announcement will go to sipping 
> and not sipcore.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> RAI mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rai
>

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:36:05 -0500

I would suggest you do the latter.  It's very easy for the SIPCORE
chairs (with the tool) to approve the doc - they can do it even before
you submit as I recall.  And, this has been the way we've handled things
in the past when docs have gone from SIPPING to SIP.  Although, there is
certainly nothing that requires you change the name for it to get
chartered in SIPCORE, I personally find it very confusing. 

Mary.  

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Eric Burger
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [RAI] Q. on WG Documents

Practical question: