Subject: [RAI] DISPATCH deadlines for IETF-79

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 10:20:54 -0500

Hi folks,

The following summarizes the deadlines for topics for DISPATCH for IETF-79:

* August 30, 2010. Cutoff date to notify the chairs/DISPATCH WG of
  plans to submit a proposal. [Two weeks prior to BoF proposal deadline]

* Sept. 6, 2010. Cutoff for charter proposals for topics. [One week prior to
BoF proposal deadline]

* Sept. 20, 2010. Topics that are to be the focus of IETF-79 are announced.
  [One week before deadline to request WG slots]

* Oct. 18th, 2010. -00 draft deadline.

* Oct. 25th, 2010. Draft deadline.

These deadlines have been published on the DISPATCH WG wiki page:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dispatch/trac/wiki

Note that these dates are closer to the end of the meeting than those for
IETF-78  because there is just over 3 months between the end of IETF-78 and
beginning of IETF-79 (versus the 4 months we had between this meeting and
Anaheim).

Note that registration and WG/Bof scheduling for IETF-79 starts on August
9th:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/cutoff-dates-2010.html#IETF79

DISPATCH sets the first deadline such that it's still possible to request a
BoF for topics that may be wider in scope and require broader community
review.  The deadlines for BoFs are set by the leadership so that there is
time to consider BoFs in the scheduling. Also, as Gonzalo noted in a
separate email, WGs need to have a draft charter at the time they request a
WG slot.  Further information on the motivation for the DISPATCH planning
model  is provided in the wiki.

Regards,
Mary
DISPATCH WG co-chair