Subject: [RAI] Errata report on errata 1358 and 1359 on RFC 5115 (TRIP for Resource Priority) and errata 1355 on RFC 5140 (TGREP)

From: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 06:36:07 -0500

======================================================================
RFC5115, "Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP) Attribute for Resource Priority"
Source of RFC: IETF - NON WORKING GROUP
Area Assignment: rai

Errata ID: 1358

Status: Reported
Type: Technical

Reported By: Alfred Hoenes
Date Reported: 2008-03-11

Section 3, 2nd para says:

   The requirements in [rfc3487] produced the corresponding document
|  [rfc4412] in the SIP working group, which defines a new header for
|  SIP called Resource-Priority.  This new header, which is optional, is
   divided into two parts: a NameSpace and a Value.  [...]

It should say:

   The requirements in [rfc3487] produced the corresponding document
|  [rfc4412] in the SIP working group, which defines a new header field
|  for SIP called Resource-Priority.  This new header field, which is
|  optional, has a field value divided into two parts: a NameSpace and
   a Value.  [...]

Notes:

a) Abuse of language / non-use of established precise terminology:
"header" --> "header field".

This issue recurs twice in Section 3.1 (first and last paragraph).

b) Any header field is divided into two parts, the header field name
and the header field value. Hence, the RFC text is misleading.
Apparently, it wants to indicate that the field value is further
subdivided into two parts.
The proposed correction tries to clarify this with minimal rewording.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended status:  (correct) Hold for document update
Type: Editorial
======================================================================
RFC5115, "Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP) Attribute for Resource
Priority"
Source of RFC: IETF - NON WORKING GROUP
Area Assignment: rai

Errata ID: 1359

Status: Reported
Type: Technical

Reported By: Alfred Hoenes
Date Reported: 2008-03-11

Section 3.1, pg. 3 says:

    ... header ...

It should say:

   ... header field  ...

Notes:

Two occurrences: in the first and the last paragraph of Section 3.1.
For Rationale see NOTES for Errata-ID 1358.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended status:  (correct) Hold for document update
Type: Editorial
======================================================================
RFC5140, "A Telephony Gateway REgistration Protocol (TGREP)"
Source of RFC: iptel (rai)

Errata ID: 1355

Status: Reported
Type: Technical

Reported By: Alfred Hoenes
Date Reported: 2008-03-11

Section 3, pg.7 says:

      - Prefix (Hexadecimal Routing Number): This attribute is used to
        represent the list of Hexadecimal prefixes to which the
        respective route can complete calls.

It should say:

      - Prefix (Pentadecimal Routing Number): This attribute is used to
        represent the list of Pentadecimal prefixes to which the
        respective route can complete calls.

Notes:

There are no *Hexa*decimal Routing Numbers in TRIP or TGREP; but there
are *Penta*decimal Routing Numbers (see RFC 3219, Section 5.1.1.3).
The rest of RFC 5140 never uses "Hexadecimal", only "Pentadecimal".
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended status:  (correct) Hold for document update
Type: Editorial
======================================================================

Dale