Subject: [RAI] Errata report on errata 1603, 1605, and 1602 on RFC 5347, "MGCP Fax Package"

From: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 22:33:46 -0500

======================================================================
RFC5347, "Media Gateway Control Protocol Fax Package"
Source of RFC: IETF - NON WORKING GROUP
Area Assignment: rai

Errata ID: 1603

Status: Reported
Type: Technical

Reported By: Alfred Hoenes
Date Reported: 2008-11-17

Section 3.2, pg.33 says:

<< in step 14 >>:

   The Call Agent then instructs the terminating gateway to use the
|  "image/t38" MIME type instead:
|

It should say:

   The Call Agent then instructs the terminating gateway to use the
|  "image/t38" media type instead:

Notes:

Rationale:
See Errata Note for same issue for Section 2.1.1, Eid=1600.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended status: (correct) Hold for document update
Type: Editorial
======================================================================
RFC5347, "Media Gateway Control Protocol Fax Package"
Source of RFC: IETF - NON WORKING GROUP
Area Assignment: rai

Errata ID: 1605

Status: Reported
Type: Technical

Reported By: Alfred Hoenes
Date Reported: 2008-11-17

Section 3.3, pg.43 says:

a)   << Steps 15, 16 >>

|  The originating endpoint detects V.21 fax preamble.  Even though the
   endpoint is already using "image/t38" for media, it generates a
   "t38(start)" event and notifies the Call Agent.

b)   << Step 23 >>

   The originating endpoint also generates a "t38(stop)" event, which is
   notified to the Call Agent:

|     NTFY 3502 ds/ds1-1/[email-masked] MGCP 1.0 O: t38(stop) X: 2

It should say:

a)

|  The originating endpoint detects the V.21 fax preamble.  Even though
   the endpoint is already using "image/t38" for media, it generates a
   "t38(start)" event and notifies the Call Agent.

b)

   The originating endpoint also generates a "t38(stop)" event, which is
   notified to the Call Agent:

|     NTFY 3502 ds/ds1-1/[email-masked] MGCP 1.0
|     O: t38(stop)
|     X: 2

Notes:

Rationale:

a) Missing definite article.

b) Confusing formating, inconsistent with all other message examples.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended status: (correct) Hold for document update
Type: Editorial

Change (b) is mandatory, as the MGCP protocol (RFC 3435, Appendix A)
specifies that the NTFY, O:, and X: lines must end with EOL.
======================================================================
RFC5347, "Media Gateway Control Protocol Fax Package"
Source of RFC: IETF - NON WORKING GROUP
Area Assignment: rai

Errata ID: 1602

Status: Reported
Type: Editorial

Reported By: Alfred Hoenes
Date Reported: 2008-11-17

Section 3.2, pg.29 says:

<< last line of first paragraph >>:

   Furthermore, the originating fax machine is generating CNG tone.

It should say:

   Furthermore, the originating fax machine is generating a CNG tone.
                                                         ^^^

Notes:

Rationale: Missing indefinite article.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended status: (correct) Hold for document update
======================================================================

Dale