Subject: [RAI] Fwd: [SIPForum-techwg] SIP Forum Opens Call for Presentations for SIPNOC 2013

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:56:24 -0600

FYI...folks may be interested in submitting proposals for or attending this
conference.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marc Robins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Subject: [SIPForum-techwg] SIP Forum Opens Call for Presentations for
SIPNOC 2013
To: [email-masked]

**

* *

* *

*Proposals are now being accepted for workshops, panels, speaker
presentations and “Birds of a Feather” sessions addressing the deployment
of SIP in service provider environments; *

* *

*Early Bird registration special has been extended to February 1, 2013*

The SIP Forum <http://www.sipforum.org/> has announced that it has opened
the official  Call for
Presentations<http://www.sipforum.org/content/view/374/275/>for the
third annual SIP
Network Operators Conference <http://www.sipnoc.org/> (SIPNOC 2013), being
held at the Hyatt Dulles Hotel in Herndon, VA, April 22 -25, 2013. ****

SIPNOC 2013 has been expanded to a three-day educational conference,
focusing on the challenges and opportunities related to the deployment of
SIP-based carrier services. Organizers invite companies, executives and
industry insiders to propose presentations highlighting the use of session
initiation protocol (SIP) in service provider environments. Operators are
encouraged to present SIP-related success stories, deployment issues and
concerns in their networks, while equipment vendors and other industry
stakeholders are invited to work with operators to present real-world
deployment experiences.****

*SIPNOC 2013 *attendees will include telecommunications providers, major
backbone operators, interconnect and wholesale solution providers, ISPs,
cable operators, wireless network operators as well as large enterprises
deploying major SIP initiatives.****

** **

Early Bird Registration for attending *SIPNOC 2013* is now open, and
participants registering before February 1 save $145. Click
here<http://www.regonline.com/sipnoc2013>to register or visit
http://www.regonline.com/sipnoc2013.****

** **

*SIPNOC 2013 Call for Presentations *proposals can be submitted by visiting
the SIP Forum Call for Presentations
site<http://www.sipforum.org/content/view/374/275/>.
Possible topics can include SIP peering, SIP trunking, Emergency Services,
Congestion Control, Scaling and Capacity Issues, SIP-based applications,
Routing, Security, SIP-Network Operations Center Best Practices, IPv6
deployment challenges, User-agent Configuration, Standardization Issues and
Progress, HD voice deployments, Video Interoperability, WebRTC and SIP,
FoIP/T.38 Deployment, Testing or other issues facing SIP network
operations. ****

** **

*SIPNOC 2013* offers several different types of speaking opportunities
including: ****

** **

**·         ***General Session Talks*: A General Session presentation
should be on a topic of interest to the general SIPNOC audience, and may be
up to 30 minutes long (including time for Q&A). ****

** **

**·         ***General Session Panels*: Panels are sessions with a
moderator and a team of panelists. The panel moderator should submit an
abstract on the panel topic, a list of panelists, and how the panel will be
organized. Panel selection is based on the importance, originality, focus
and timeliness of the topic, expertise of proposed panelists, as well as
the potential for informative and controversial discussion. ****

** **

**·         ***Special Workshops*: The *SIPNOC 2013* program has been
expanded to include special workshops that run for 2-3 hours, providing
time to focus in-depth on a variety of issues important to the SIPNOC
community. Topics can include a review of SIP RFCs and standards
development, the regulatory environment, etc. ****

* *

**·         ***Research Topics*: Researchers are invited to present short
summaries of their work for operator feedback. Topics may include call
routing, network performance, statistical measurement and analysis and
protocol development and implementation. Studies presented may be works in
progress. Researchers from academia, government, and industry are
encouraged to present.****

** **

**·         ***BOFs*: BOFs (Birds of a Feather sessions) are informal
sessions on topics which are of interest to a portion of the SIPNOC
community. BOFs may be held in break‐out areas or in an unscheduled room.
Requests for scheduled BOFs can be made at any time, including on site at
the show.****

* *

Acceptance notifications for speaking at *SIPNOC 2013* will be sent by the
Program Committee in early March. Conference registration fees will be
waived for any confirmed speakers.  ****

** **

The following is a complete list of key dates for the *SIPNOC
2013*speaking program:
****

** **

*SIPNOC 2013 Call for Presentation Key Dates***

** **

** **

   - Presentation Abstracts ****

January 25, 2013****

   - Draft Presentations Due****

February 15, 2013****

   - Acceptance Decision and Notifications****

March 1, 2013****

   - Draft Program Published****

March 11, 2013****

   - Final Presentations Due****

March 25, 2013****

   - Final Agenda Published****
   - Conference Begins****

April 1, 2013****

April 22, 2013****

The *SIPNOC 2013* event website is located at www.sipnoc.org.****

* *

*SIPNOC 2013 Call for Presentations General Info*

   - To view the official call for presentations, which includes
   instructions on submitting material and specific SIPNOC policies, please
   visit www.sipnoc.org. To submit, visit
   https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sipnoc2013.****

*SIPNOC Early Bird Registration Info: Deadline February 1, 2013*

   - *Save $145 *if you register for SIPNOC 2013 by February 1. A special
   early-bird registration rate of $850 – $145 off the regular rate of $995 –
   is now in effect!  ****

*Register *at http://www.regonline.com/sipnoc2013.**

*SIPNOC 2013 General Show Info*

   - For more information about *SIPNOC 2013*, please visit
www.sipnoc.orgor send an email to
   [email-masked].**

*SIPNOC 2013 Sponsorship Info*

   - For information about corporate sponsorship opportunities at *SIPNOC
   2013*, please contact Marc Robins, SIP Forum President and Managing
   Director, at 203-829-6307 or marc.robins “at” sipforum “dot” org.****

** **

** **

** **

_______________________________________________
techwg mailing list
Send mail to: [email-masked]
Unsubscribe or edit options at:  http://sipforum.org/mailman/listinfo/techwg