Subject: [Rats] FW: New Version Notification for draft-shaw-rats-rear-00.txt

From: Thomas Fossati <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 17:00:36 +0000

Hi, all,

We have just submitted a new draft "RESTful attested resources" (details
below).

The main goal here is creating a mechanism to expose attested system
state as RESTful resources (i.e., "things" that can be de-referenced by
their URIs) together with a way to securely bind said system state with
an EAT token.

We define two REST interfaces: one to the Attester and one to the
Verifier, with timestamp- and nonce-based freshness.  We show how these
can be composed into the usual "background check", "passport" and
"time-based unidirectional" patterns.  HTTP and CoAP instantiations are
provided, together with the associated MIME machinery.  A discovery
method is also discussed based on the CoRE Resource Directory.

This proposal seems in scope with the RATS charter, in particular its
"Standardize interoperable protocols to securely convey
assertions/claims." bit.  We hope this provides a valid contribution on
how the RATS architecture and basic protocol elements can be used in
high level protocol(s), and would really appreciate any feedback with
regards to its usefulness, correctness and completeness.

cheers, thanks!

On 12/06/2020, 17:48, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> A new version of I-D, draft-shaw-rats-rear-00.txt
> has been successfully submitted by Thomas Fossati and posted to the
> IETF repository.
>
> Name:draft-shaw-rats-rear
> Revision:00
> Title:Restful Attested Resources
> Document date:2020-06-12
> Group:Individual Submission
> Pages:23
> URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shaw-rats-rear-00.txt
> Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shaw-rats-rear/
> Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shaw-rats-rear-00
> Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-shaw-rats-rear
>
>
> Abstract:
>    This memo describes a REST interface based on the RATS architecture
>    that can be used to retrieve attested system state, for example the
>    reading of a security critical sensor.  The objective is to present a
>    common vocabulary of data formats and basic protocol transactions
>    that can be pieced together into a cohesive interface that is capable
>    of serving different attestation workflows.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.