Subject: [Rats] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rats-architecture-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 15:52:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Remote ATtestation ProcedureS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Remote Attestation Procedures Architecture
        Authors         : Henk Birkholz
                          Dave Thaler
                          Michael Richardson
                          Ned Smith
                          Wei Pan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rats-architecture-06.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2020-09-01

Abstract:
   In network protocol exchanges, it is often the case that one entity
   (a Relying Party) requires evidence about a remote peer to assess the
   peer's trustworthiness, and a way to appraise such evidence.  The
   evidence is typically a set of claims about its software and hardware
   platform.  This document describes an architecture for such remote
   attestation procedures (RATS).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rats-architecture/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rats-architecture-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rats-architecture-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rats-architecture-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 19:01:30 -0400

> Title           : Remote Attestation Procedures Architecture

...

    > https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rats-architecture-06

There are now three ways to do time:
  1) Timestamps
  2) Nonce-based
  3) Handle-based

There are two reference flows: Passport and Background check.
We have included only five examples:

     16.1.  Example 1: Timestamp-based Passport Model Example
     16.2.  Example 2: Nonce-based Passport Model Example
     16.3.  Example 3: Handle-based Passport Model Example
     16.4.  Example 4: Timestamp-based Background-Check Model Example
     16.5.  Example 5: Nonce-based Background-Check Model Example

Leaving the reader to ponder the sixth version.
Are we too cruel?   please comment.

There are now three pull requests that remain:
  https://github.com/ietf-rats-wg/architecture/pull/141
  https://github.com/ietf-rats-wg/architecture/pull/130
  https://github.com/ietf-rats-wg/architecture/pull/94

which have mostly been discussed before.
It would be nice to get wider review/comment on them so that the design team
can bring the draft to a close.

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        |    IoT architect   [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-