Subject: [Rats] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rats-architecture-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 08:06:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Remote ATtestation ProcedureS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Remote Attestation Procedures Architecture
        Authors         : Henk Birkholz
                          Dave Thaler
                          Michael Richardson
                          Ned Smith
                          Wei Pan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rats-architecture-08.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2020-12-08

Abstract:
   In network protocol exchanges it is often the case that one entity
   requires believable evidence about the operational state of a remote
   peer.  Such evidence is typically conveyed as claims about the peer's
   software and hardware platform, and is subsequently appraised in
   order to assess the peer's trustworthiness.  The process of
   generating and appraising this kind of evidence is known as remote
   attestation.  This document describes an architecture for remote
   attestation procedures that generate, convey, and appraise evidence
   about a peer's operational state.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rats-architecture/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-rats-architecture-08.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rats-architecture-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 12:16:59 -0500

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rats-architecture-08

Hi, we accepted the section order changes suggested by Simon Frost and his
team at ARM.  We made a number of other small changes (including to the
abstract), but we didn't want them to get lost in the bigger diff, so we
published this intermediate version.
We opened about 35 issues from the comments that Guy made in his review,
and we are working through those, and another 15 that were opened.

The Terminology was changed from alphabetical to be Roles and Artifacts, with
backwards references only.

the open issues can be seen at:
    https://github.com/ietf-rats-wg/architecture/issues

anyone who wants to adopt a few and suggest some text, that would be
appreciated.  Guy's marked up document is at:
    https://github.com/ietf-rats-wg/architecture/tree/master/reviews 
    (Sorry, there is no forward pointer in the document to the issue#)

-- 
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [ 
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [ 
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [