Subject: [Rats] New Version Notification: draft-voit-rats-attestation-results

From: "Eric Voit (evoit)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 14:04:55 +0000

Based on the feedback from IETF 111 and on this list, we have rearranged and
updated the contents of draft-voit-rats-attestation-results.  There are now
two major sections are now aligned around:

1. Generalized types of Trustworthiness Claims (and transport protocol
independent encodings).

2. Secure Interactions Models that allow a Relying Party to interpret the
appraisals of (1).

Hopefully we can chat about these in a RATS interim as proposed during IETF
111.

Thanks,

Eric, Thomas F, Henk, Thomas H, & Vinnie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  
Sent: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 7:51 AM
To: Eric Voit (evoit) [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; Henk
Birkholz [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; Thomas Fossati
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; Thomas Hardjono
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; Vincent Scarlata
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-voit-rats-attestation-results-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-voit-rats-attestation-results-02.txt

has been successfully submitted by Eric Voit and posted to the IETF
repository.

Name:                  draft-voit-rats-attestation-results

Revision:              02

Title:                     Attestation Results for Secure Interactions

Document date:               2021-09-07

Group:                  Individual Submission

Pages:                  32

URL:
<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-voit-rats-attestation-results-02.txt>
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-voit-rats-attestation-results-02.txt

Status:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-voit-rats-attestation-results/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-voit-rats-attestation-results/

Htmlized:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-voit-rats-attestation-results>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-voit-rats-attestation-results

Diff:
<https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-voit-rats-attestation-results-02>
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-voit-rats-attestation-results-02

Abstract:

   This document defines reusable Attestation Result information

   elements.  When these elements are offered to Relying Parties as

   Evidence, different aspects of Attester trustworthiness can be

   evaluated.  Additionally, where the Relying Party is interfacing with

   a heterogeneous mix of Attesting Environment and Verifier types,

   consistent policies can be applied to subsequent information exchange

   between each Attester and the Relying Party.

 

The IETF Secretariat