Subject: Re: [Raven] Anonymous taps

From: "William H. Geiger III" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 00:44:38 -0500

In <[email-masked]>, on 10/29/99 
   at 12:55 AM, "chefren" <[email-masked]> said:

>On 28 Oct 99, at 17:23, William H. Geiger III wrote:

>> No I want strong, unbreakable, end-to-end encryption for all my
>> communications. Let them tcp dump to their hearts content. <EG>

>Every criminal organisation would like to have that too. If  our society
>allows us to use such means our society would 
>have created places where criminal organisations could 
>effectively hide for law enforcement.

>On the long term definitely stupid.

Well I have strong, end-to-end encryption programs. I write strong,
end-to-end, encryption programs. I am involved in the IETF in designing
strong, end-to-end, encryption protocols. I have no intention of giving up
what I have nor stopping what I do regardless of what the various
governments of the world wish.

>Fire arms are regulated and encryption should be 
>accordingly. No assault weapons and no free fully 
>equiped flying F16's guided by idiots in our societies.  

While I don't have any F16's lying around I do have a well stocked arsenal
that is unregistered, unlicensed, and unregulated. I have no intention of
ever giving that up either. Of course if the gun grabbers want them they
are welcome to collect them one bullet at a time. <EG>

>Let your communication provider use the strongest 
>encryption he can get for your data. I have absolutely no 
>problems with that but the communication provider should 
>lift it if law enforcement needs it to be lifted.

Sorry but I can not agree. I was the victim of illegal monitoring of my
communications by my ISP  who then forwarded the data to agents of the
Federal Government. I only became aware of this illegal surveillance after
being presented evidence while a witness in a Federal Grand Jury. As far
as I am concern the whole lot of them can kiss my a**. I will be throwing
wrenches into their spy network as long as I live and helping *anyone*
else who wishes to do the same.

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------
William H. Geiger III  http://www.openpgp.net
Geiger Consulting    Cooking With Warp 4.0

Author of E-Secure - PGP Front End for MR/2 Ice
PGP & MR/2 the only way for secure e-mail.
OS/2 PGP 5.0 at: http://www.openpgp.net/pgp.html
Talk About PGP on IRC EFNet Channel: #pgp Nick: whgiii

Hi Jeff!! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
raven mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/raven

---

From: "chefren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 19:17:04 +0200

On 29 Oct 99, at 0:44, William H. Geiger III wrote:

> As far as I am concern the whole lot of them can kiss my
> a**. I will be throwing wrenches into their spy network
> as long as I live and helping *anyone* else who wishes to
> do the same. 

Face it, your a terrist!

:-)))

+++chefren