Subject: Re: [Raven] auditable technology

From: Matthew Saroff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:19:52 -0500

On Oct 29,  5:30pm, Lyal Collins wrote:
> Using a technology in the open commnity, or on shared infrastructure will
> get noticed at some point.  An unlicenced car driven on the road will get
> noticied at some point.  It doesn't matter who is performing the abuse - Joe
> Citizen or Law Enforcement officer #654321.
	Yes, but Joe citizen goes to jail, and Law Enforcement officer #654321
gets (at most) a warning and told to take it off the street as "professional
courtesy".  If driving that illegal, and potentially dangerous vehicle leads to
an arrest, he gets acommendation.
> But, that's what auditability is about - detecting abuse of the system -
> regardless of who does it.
	Who watches the watchmen.

-- 
Matthew Saroff
Do not reply directly to this message.  Reply to
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
raven mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/raven

---

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:49:14 -0400

Matthew Saroff wrote:
> courtesy". 

And, referring to last weeks' Michigan case, after shooting his first wife 
and kids, gets counselling for his "insanity", then shoots the second wife 
and kids.  His arraignment is set for an afternoon, but the actual 
arraignment is done in the morning, so that those pesky reporters and 
bothersome relatives can be avoided.

LEA protect their own, just like a "family".

>         Who watches the watchmen.
The perpetual question.

[email-masked]
    Key fingerprint =  17 40 5E 67 15 6F 31 26  DD 0D B9 9B 6A 15 2C 32