Subject: [Raven] Re: (no subject)

From: "chefren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:44:10 +0100

On 30 Nov 99, at 13:57, Ray Yang wrote:

> Surrendering our privacy to the state is a BAD thing.

Can you prove that?

I can simply reason that criminals can misuse networks for 
their organizations and that it will cost us all money to 
keep crime rates as low as they are now.

However: I still have seen nobody here writing protocols 
should be tapable, now or in the future. So that's clear.

There is only the yes/no about an auditable tap left as far 
as I know. It might be considered off-topic but it IS an 
anser for the ones who want taps.

+++chefren

_______________________________________________
raven mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/raven

---

From: Ray Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:18:50 -0500 (EST)

> > Surrendering our privacy to the state is a BAD thing.

	So now we have incontrovertible proof that my opposition
believes that those wishing to possess individual rights in a
democracy must bear the burden of proof. Ladies and gentlemen, my side
rests *flourish and bow* 

Ray

---

From: "chefren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:54:23 +0100

> democracy must bear the burden of proof. Ladies and gentlemen, my side

So we should open all prisons because the privacy of the 
criminals inside is more important than the crimes they did 
to society?

You think you have a binary 0/1 case but it isn't.

It isn't at all.

+++chefren