Subject: Re: [Raven] chefren's position: a summary

From: "Thomas Junker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 00:51:08 -0600

On 1 Nov 99, at 19:31, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> And the answer to that question is, "No, the IETF need not take any
> special steps to specifically accomodate CALEA".

Nor was that the question put to the group.  The question before the group is 
*not* whether IETF need take any special steps to specifically accommodate 
CALEA.  The question before the group is the policy question of whether or not 
the IETF should even become involved in facilitating wiretapping in the 
protocols it formulates and promulgates.  Auditing is not even on the table.

Regards,

Thomas Junker
[email-masked]

The Unofficial Wang VS Information Center
http://www.phoenix.net/~tjunker/wang.html

_______________________________________________
raven mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/raven