Subject: Re: [Raven] Executive Power / Opinion Toss

From: "Richard Payne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 19:29:34 -0500

ch*fr*n wrote, in response to my question:

>> How do you feel about making it easier for those non-democratic
governments
>> to spy on their "citizens" (subjects?), thereby making it easier for them
to
>> crack down on dissidents and harder for democracy to emerge there?
>
>We cannot make that more easy than already possible with
>tcpdump.

If this were the case, this list wouldn't exist. Some LEA somewhere seems to
find tcpdump insufficient for their needs, and we're still trying to find
out who that is (besides, apparently, the Netherlands), what they want, and
what their legal basis is for requesting it.

Richard Payne

_______________________________________________
raven mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/raven