Subject: [Raven] Subverting the list

From: Gene Gaines <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:10:29 -0500

I request that the individual managing this list restate the purpose
of the list.

I take it to be a simple question:

  "Should the IETF develop new protocols or modify existing
  protocols to support mechanisms whose primary purpose is to
  support wiretapping or other law enforcement activities?" 

If the list has somehow moved past that question, then I would like
the question restated.

I agree with many statements made here, and disagree with a few.  
That is healthy and is in the spirit of IETF consensus development.

However, I consider many statements by chefren <[email-masked]>
made recently on this list to be both off-topic and deliberate 
distortions of the statements of others.  

Chefren's mis-statements harm the forward movement of the list.

It is time to restate the purpose of the Raven list.

Gene Gaines
[email-masked]
McLean, Virginia USA

_______________________________________________
raven mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/raven

---

From: "chefren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:33:29 +0100

> Chefren's mis-statements harm the forward movement of the list.

Please state the direction of movement that you would like 
to see.

+++chefren