Subject: [Raven] Chefren

From: gustav <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:43:41 -0800 (PST)

Why don't we all ignore him?  Obviously, his world view is
significantly different from the mainstream of the Raven list, and
we'll never persuade him with words.  The only thing that will
eventually change is mind is when he actually finds himself living
under a government that "cheats" on the auditable taps, and, while
snooping his email, decides that Chefren has incorrect thoughts, or
evades taxes, or uses the wrong pharmaceuticals, and therefore he
needs to be "helped", and so they bust in and shoot him or burn his
house down.  While the first bullets are flying through the air, or
the first flames start in his house, then he might understand our
worldview a little better.  Until then, we should just ignore him and
not respond anymore.

_______________________________________________
raven mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/raven

---

From: "chefren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:25:39 +0100

On 19 Jan 00, at 13:43, gustav wrote:

> Why don't we all ignore him?

You don't do so.

By the way, why do you want to set up people against 
individuals?

We are discussing things here, there are serious problems, 
decisions are made elsewhere.

> Obviously, his world view is significantly different from
> the mainstream of the Raven list, and we'll never
> persuade him with words. 

Maybe so but why would it be necessary to persuade people? 
We can undoubtly learn from each other.

> The only thing that will eventually change is mind is
> when he actually finds himself living under a government
> that "cheats" on the auditable taps, and, while snooping
> his email, decides that Chefren has incorrect thoughts,
> or evades taxes, or uses the wrong pharmaceuticals, and
> therefore he needs to be "helped", and so they bust in
> and shoot him or burn his house down. 

As far as I know my country doesn't head in that direction, 
to the contrary, it gets more and more open and accountable 
and I like that.

> While the first bullets are flying through the air, or
> the first flames start in his house, then he might
> understand our worldview a little better. 

I think I detect pretty misplaced feelings of superiority.

> Until then, we should just ignore him and not respond anymore.

Just do so for yourself and don't try to set up people 
against others, very ugly and about precisely what you 
think you are fighting.

+++chefren