Subject: [rddp] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rddp-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:44:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Remote Direct Data Placement Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DDP/RDMAP Security
	Author(s)	: J. Pinkerton
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rddp-security-00.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 2003-10-22
	
This document analyzes security issues around implementation and use 
of the Direct Data Placement Protocol(DDP) and Remote Direct Memory 
Access Protocol (RDMAP). It first defines an architectural model for 
an RDMA Network Interface Card (RNIC), which can implement DDP or 
RDMAP and DDP. The model includes a definition of resources that can 
be attacked. This document then introduces various Trust Models 
between a local peer and a remote peer and the tools that can be 
used to create countermeasures against attacks. Finally, the 
document reviews various attacks and the countermeasures to be used 
against them, grouping the attacks into spoofing, tampering, 
information disclosure, denial of service, and elevation of 
privilege.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rddp-security-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rddp-security-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rddp-security-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.