Subject: [rddp] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rddp-mpa-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 15:45:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Remote Direct Data Placement Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Marker PDU Aligned Framing for TCP Specification
	Author(s)	: P. Culley, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rddp-mpa-00.txt
	Pages		: 58
	Date		: 2003-10-9
	
A framing protocol is defined for TCP that is fully compliant with
applicable TCP RFCs and fully interoperable with existing TCP
implementations. The framing mechanism is designed to work as an
'adaptation layer' between TCP and the Direct Data Placement [DDP]
protocol, preserving the reliable, in-order delivery of TCP, while
adding the preservation of higher-level protocol record boundaries
that DDP requires.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rddp-mpa-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rddp-mpa-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rddp-mpa-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.