Subject: [rddp] MPA has been approved

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:53:35 -0400

Everyone,

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the IESG approved
the MPA draft for RFC publication earlier today - the actual
announcement of this approval will appear in the near future.

This completes the planned work of the RDDP Working Group - all
of our drafts are now approved and are (or shortly will be) in
the RFC Editor's Queue.  I want to thank all the authors, and
in particular recognize Paul Culley for his work on MPA - major
structural changes to the MPA draft were unexpectedly needed
after it left the WG, and Paul was diligent in getting them
done.

Authors should not tune out of RDDP entirely - authors will be
hearing from the RFC Editor and yours truly when the editing
is done, as approval by every author is required before an
RFC is published.  This may be a while in the future, as we have
a couple of normative references to drafts from other WGs that
will probably determine when the entire set of RFCs can be
published:
- The RDDP SCTP draft references draft-ietf-tsvwg-addip-sctp
- The RDDP RDMAP draft references draft-ietf-ips-iser

Congratulations and many thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:24:58 +0200

My congratulations to the RDDP WG as well! Start planning your  
victory party for San Diego.

We'll leave the WG in formal existence until the RFCs are appearing,  
in case any late changes require WG discussion (I don't expect it in  
this case). With the current level of RFC Editor activity, I expect  
publication to happen well before the Spring IETF.

Lars

-- 
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories