Subject: [rddp] RFC 5044 on Marker PDU Aligned Framing for TCP Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:53:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5044

        Title:      Marker PDU Aligned Framing for 
                    TCP Specification 
        Author:     P. Culley, U. Elzur,
                    R. Recio, S. Bailey,
                    J. Carrier
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      74
        Characters: 168918
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rddp-mpa-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5044.txt

Marker PDU Aligned Framing (MPA) is designed to work as an "adaptation
layer" between TCP and the Direct Data Placement protocol (DDP) as
described in RFC 5041.  It preserves the reliable, in-order delivery
of TCP, while adding the preservation of higher-level protocol record
boundaries that DDP requires.  MPA is fully compliant with applicable
TCP RFCs and can be utilized with existing TCP implementations.  MPA
also supports integrated implementations that combine TCP, MPA and DDP
to reduce buffering requirements in the implementation and improve
performance at the system level.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Remote Direct Data Placement
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp