Subject: [rddp] RFC 5042 on Direct Data Placement Protocol (DDP) / Remote Direct Memory Access Protocol (RDMAP) Security

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:53:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5042

        Title:      Direct Data Placement Protocol (DDP) 
                    / Remote Direct Memory Access Protocol 
                    (RDMAP) Security 
        Author:     J. Pinkerton, E. Deleganes
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      52
        Characters: 127453
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rddp-security-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5042.txt

This document analyzes security issues around implementation and 
use of the Direct Data Placement Protocol (DDP) and Remote Direct 
Memory Access Protocol (RDMAP).  It first defines an architectural 
model for an RDMA Network Interface Card (RNIC), which can 
implement DDP or RDMAP and DDP.  The document reviews various 
attacks against the resources defined in the architectural model 
and the countermeasures that can be used to protect the system.
Attacks are grouped into those that can be mitigated by using secure
communication channels across the network, attacks from Remote Peers,
and attacks from Local Peers.  Attack categories include spoofing,
tampering, information disclosure, denial of service, and elevation of privilege.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Remote Direct Data Placement
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp