Subject: [rddp] RFC 5045 on Applicability of Remote Direct Memory Access Protocol (RDMA) and Direct Data Placement (DDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:54:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5045

        Title:      Applicability of Remote Direct Memory 
                    Access Protocol (RDMA) and Direct Data 
                    Placement (DDP) 
        Author:     C. Bestler, Ed.,
                    L. Coene
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 51749
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rddp-applicability-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5045.txt

This document describes the applicability of Remote Direct Memory
Access Protocol (RDMAP) and the Direct Data Placement Protocol (DDP).
It compares and contrasts the different transport options over IP
that DDP can use, provides guidance to ULP developers on choosing
between available transports and/or how to be indifferent to the
specific transport layer used, compares use of DDP with direct use of
the supporting transports, and compares DDP over IP transports with
non-IP transports that support RDMA functionality.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Remote Direct Data Placement
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp