Subject: [rddp] STORM BOF approval

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:29:10 -0500

The request to hold the STORM BOF (STORage Maintenance)
BOF in San Francisco has been approved.  Lars and I have
asked for a 2 hour slot on Thursday, with Friday as
second choice of day (this is due to a conflicting
Mon-Wed event for the RDDP community).

Here are the links for the BOF material:
- Description:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ips/current/msg02669.html
- Draft(y) Agenda:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ips/current/msg02670.html

I'll try to get some discussion about STORM activity started
on the IPS and RDDP lists - people have been entirely too
polite in replying to me about the BOF in private, leading
some IETF observers to interpret no traffic on these lists
as lack of interest.

In particular, I'm hoping to get
some second level scoping (list of things to be done)
for work items including the iSCSI revision for Draft
Standard (what to leave out), SAM-4 support for iSCSI
(what to put in), and iSER revisions based on InfiniBand
implementations (what IETF should do vs. leave to the
IBTA).

I will also be turning the BOF description into a draft
WG charter at some point.  I expect to be off-line (no
email, phone for emergencies only) for about 2 weeks
starting late tomorrow - vacation happens to the best
of us ...

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:22:15 -0500

> implementations (what IETF should do vs. leave to the

Here are three topics that it would be useful to discuss:

- As part of pruning the iSCSI spec down to what's been implemented
	(in order to go for draft standard), what comes out?  My
	list starts with Markers (use iSER/RDDP[iWARP] instead)
	and SPKM authentication.

- What's important/useful about new features from SAM-4.  I know
	that there's interest in the new task management operations,
	but what else?  Anything added here needs a new text key to
	negotiate it.

- Details on the minor fixes to iSER and MPA.  People have sent
	me private mail about these - please send to this list.

I'm about to vanish for vacation for two weeks (no email).
I'll be back on Feb 26th.

For now, I'm inclined to continue using the [email-masked] and
[email-masked] lists for STORM work rather than create a new
list, but this can be changed.

Thanks,
--David

---

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:56:41 -0500

Are there any notes from this BOF?

Eddy
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:22 PM
Subject: [Ips] STORM BOF: Discussion topics

> _______________________________________________
> Ips mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:15:58 -0500

The BOF is scheduled for Thursday, March 26th, 9:00a - 11:30a
at the IETF meetings in San Francisco.  Minutes will be sent
to the mailing lists and published as part of the IETF meeting
proceedings (including on the web site).

Everyone who can attend is encouraged to come.

Thanks,
--David

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Eddy Quicksall [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 8:57 AM
> To: Black, David; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Ips] STORM BOF: Discussion topics
>