Subject: [regext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 08:50:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Registration Protocols Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : Registry Fee Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
        Authors         : Roger Carney
                          Gavin Brown
                          Jothan Frakes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-05.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2017-06-24

Abstract:
   This document describes an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
   extension mapping for registry fees.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Thomas Corte <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:03:29 +0200

Hello,

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-05.txt

Thanks for this new version.

I noticed one minor issue (carried over from previous versions) that
should be corrected. Section 5.1.1 says

   If "avail" is false then the <fee:cd>
   element MUST contain a <fee:reason> element (as described in
   Section 3.9) and the server MAY eliminate some or all of the
   <fee:command> element(s).

However, eliminating *all* of the <fee:command> elements isn't allowed
by the schema since the "command" element must appear at least once in
"objectCDType":

    <complexType name="objectCDType">
      <sequence>
        <element name="objID" type="fee:objectIdentifierType" />
        <element name="command" type="fee:commandType"
          maxOccurs="unbounded" />
        <element name="reason" type="fee:reasonType" minOccurs="0" />
      </sequence>
      <attribute name="avail" type="boolean" default="1" />
    </complexType>

The "command" element should therefore be defined using minOccurs="0".
Otherwise, a server is forced to include an (empty) dummy command
element to satisfy the schema.

Note that the seemingly obvious change (use an XSD <choice> between
<command> and <reason>) won't work since there may be situations in
which commands are present (all unavailable with reason, such as "wrong
period") and the overall availability is false.

Best regards,

Thomas Corte

-- 
TANGO REGISTRY SERVICES® is a product of:
Knipp Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
Technologiepark                             Phone: +49 231 9703-222
Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9                       Fax: +49 231 9703-200
D-44227 Dortmund                       E-Mail: [email-masked]
Germany

---

From: Roger D Carney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 14:59:02 +0000

Good Afternoon,

Thanks Thomas, I will make sure we get that updated.

Thanks
Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: regext [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Thomas Corte
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 9:03 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [regext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-05.txt

Hello,

I noticed one minor issue (carried over from previous versions) that should be corrected. Section 5.1.1 says

However, eliminating *all* of the <fee:command> elements isn't allowed by the schema since the "command" element must appear at least once in
"objectCDType":

The "command" element should therefore be defined using minOccurs="0".
Otherwise, a server is forced to include an (empty) dummy command element to satisfy the schema.

Note that the seemingly obvious change (use an XSD <choice> between <command> and <reason>) won't work since there may be situations in which commands are present (all unavailable with reason, such as "wrong
period") and the overall availability is false.

Best regards,

Thomas Corte

_______________________________________________
regext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/regext