Subject: [regext] Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-launchphase-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 11:20:58 -0800

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-regext-launchphase-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-launchphase/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

   qualified by the previously assigned application identifier using the
   <launch:applicationID> element.
Maybe I'm not following, but you say above that launch phase is FCFS, but then
how do multiple applications work?

   not used or multiple Trademark Validators are used, the Validator
   Identifier MUST be defined using the "validatorID" attribute.
Does this mean that you must use some validator?

   The following launch phase values are defined:
Nit: you say that these are launch phase values but then below define things as
non-launch phase.

   Claims Check Form  Claims Check Form (Section 3.1.1) is used to
      determine whether or not there are any matching trademarks for a
You seem to have duplication here.

      retrieving the claims information.
   Claims Create Form  Claims Create Form (Section 3.3.2) is used to
      pass the Claims Notice acceptance information in a create command.
And here.

   schema for the encoded signed mark that has an element that
   substitutes for the <smd:encodedSignedMark> element from [RFC7848].
I know that 7848 defines signedMark, but probably a good idea to say you have
to validate it.

   C:         xmlns:smd="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:signedMark-1.0">
   C:         ...
   C:        </smd:encodedSignedMark>
I am assuming the base64 goes here. Could you indicate that a bit more clearly
than ... somehow?