Subject: [regext] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-launchphase-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 10:03:39 -0800

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-regext-launchphase-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-launchphase/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a well written document. I have several clarifying questions and
comments that you should consider.

2.3.  Launch Phases

   The server MAY support multiple launch phases sequentially or
   simultaneously.  The <launch:phase> element MUST be included by the
   client to define the target launch phase of the command.  The server
   SHOULD validate the phase and MAY validate the sub-phase of the
   <launch:phase> element against the active phase and OPTIONAL sub-
   phase of the server, and return an EPP error result code of 2306 if
   there is a mismatch.

Is there a registry for codes like 2306? Either way, I couldn't figure out if
this is a new code or already assigned one.

2.4.  Status Values

   Each status value MAY be accompanied by a string of human-readable
   text that describes the rationale for the status applied to the
   object.  The OPTIONAL "lang" attribute MAY be present to identify the
   language if the negotiated value is something other than the default
   value of "en" (English).

You need to have a Normative Reference to Language Tags here (RFC 5646).

Nit on page 19:
Typo: identifer --> identifier

Nit on page 47:

<!--
     Enumeration of for launch phase values.
     -->

Drop "for"?

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 19:35:29 +0100

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 10:03:39AM -0800,
 Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 63 lines which said:

> Is there a registry for codes like 2306? Either way, I couldn't
> figure out if this is a new code or already assigned one.

No registry, but 2306 was created by RFC 5730, which is a normative
reference.

      2306    "Parameter value policy error"

              This response code MUST be returned when a server receives
              a command containing a parameter value that is
              syntactically valid but semantically invalid due to local
              policy.  For example, the server can support a subset of a
              range of valid protocol parameter values.  The error value
              SHOULD be returned via a <value> element in the EPP
              response.