Subject: Re: [regext] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-launchphase-06: (with COMMENT)

From: "Gould, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 20:11:41 +0000

Alexey, 

It looks like Stephane answered your first comment on the 2306 result code in section 2.3.

For the Status Values comment, the “lang” attribute is dependent on the XSD “language” type that conforms with RFC 5646.  I can add the Normative Reference to RFC 5646.  
Adam, does this need to be added to the normative statement change list for the Chairs?  

I can take care of the two nits (identifer → identifier) and remove “for” from “Enumeration of for launch phase values.”.  

Thanks,
  
—
 
JG

James Gould
Distinguished Engineer
[email-masked]

703-948-3271
12061 Bluemont Way
Reston, VA 20190

Verisign.com <http://verisigninc.com/> 

On 11/29/17, 1:03 PM, "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
    draft-ietf-regext-launchphase-06: No Objection
    
    When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
    email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
    introductory paragraph, however.)

    Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
    for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

    The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-launchphase/

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    COMMENT:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    This is a well written document. I have several clarifying questions and
    comments that you should consider.
    
    2.3.  Launch Phases
    
       The server MAY support multiple launch phases sequentially or
       simultaneously.  The <launch:phase> element MUST be included by the
       client to define the target launch phase of the command.  The server
       SHOULD validate the phase and MAY validate the sub-phase of the
       <launch:phase> element against the active phase and OPTIONAL sub-
       phase of the server, and return an EPP error result code of 2306 if
       there is a mismatch.
    
    Is there a registry for codes like 2306? Either way, I couldn't figure out if
    this is a new code or already assigned one.
    
    2.4.  Status Values
    
       Each status value MAY be accompanied by a string of human-readable
       text that describes the rationale for the status applied to the
       object.  The OPTIONAL "lang" attribute MAY be present to identify the
       language if the negotiated value is something other than the default
       value of "en" (English).
    
    You need to have a Normative Reference to Language Tags here (RFC 5646).
    
    Nit on page 19:
    Typo: identifer --> identifier
    
    Nit on page 47:
    
    <!--
         Enumeration of for launch phase values.
         -->
    
    Drop "for"?

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 14:36:01 -0600

> Adam, does this need to be added to the normative statement change list for the Chairs?

Not for just adding a reference. The chairs may point it out to the 
group if they want to.

/a