Subject: [regext] Protocol Action: 'Allocation Token Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-regext-allocation-token-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 12:22:09 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Allocation Token Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol
   (EPP)'
  (draft-ietf-regext-allocation-token-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-allocation-token/

Technical Summary

This document describes an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
extension for including an Allocation Token in "query" and "transform"
commands.  The Allocation Token is used as a credential that
authorizes a client to request the allocation of a specific object
from the server, using one of the EPP transform commands including
create and transfer.

Working Group Summary

The document has received substantial review, both at face-to-face meetings
and on the regext mailing list. The shepherd's writeup contains significant
detail of these reviews. Consensus was smooth, with no major disagreements
arising in the working group.

Document Quality

Four implementations by three companies are documented. All
four are currently in production use. All EPP XML examples
have been validated against the XML schema provided in the
draft by the Document Shepherd.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Patrick Mevzek, [email-masked]
The responsible Area Director is Adam Roach, [email-masked]