Subject: [regext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-regext-change-poll-10.txt> (Change Poll Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 12:50:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Registration Protocols Extensions WG
(regext) to consider the following document: - 'Change Poll Extension for the
Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)'
  <draft-ietf-regext-change-poll-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-11-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
   extension for notifying clients of operations on client-sponsored
   objects that were not initiated by the client through EPP.  These
   operations may include contractual or policy requirements including
   but not limited to regular batch processes, customer support actions,
   Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) or Uniform Rapid
   Suspension (URS) actions, court-directed actions, and bulk updates
   based on customer requests.  Since the client is not directly
   involved or knowledgable of these operations, the extension is used
   along with an EPP object mapping to provide the resulting state of
   the post-operation object, and optionally a pre-operation object,
   with the operation meta-data of what, when, who, and why.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-change-poll/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-change-poll/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.