Subject: [regext] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-org-ext-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 15:00:40 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-regext-org-ext-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-org-ext/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the work on this. I have a few comments:

*** Substantive Comments ***

§1: "An organization mapping object defined in [ID.draft-ietf-regext-org]
SHOULD be created first."

First before what?

*** Editorial Comments ***

- General:
I'm a little confused by the split in material between draft-ietf-regext-org
and draft-ietf-regext-org-ext, especially how the command mapping and related
info seems to span both documents. It seems a bit reader-unfriendly. But it's
late enough in the process that it's probably not worth changing.

- Abstract: Please expand EPP on first mention both in the abstract and in the
body.

§2, 3rd paragraph:  I know we are not consistent about this, but I find the
word “conforming” to be a red flag. Standards track RFCs should be about
interoperability, not conformance. I suggest striking all after “presented”.

---

From: "Linlin Zhou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:10:13 +0800

Dear Ben,
Thank you for your review. Please see my feedbacks below with [Linlin].

Regards,
Linlin

Linlin Zhou
 
From: Ben Campbell
Date: 2018-10-24 06:00
To: The IESG
CC: regext-chairs; pieter.vandepitte; regext; draft-ietf-regext-org-ext
Subject: [regext] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-org-ext-09: (with COMMENT)
Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-regext-org-ext-09: No Objection

 

 
 
First before what?
[Linlin] I noticed that Benjamin had the same comment. So I suggest changing some words here, "Organization object identifiers MUST be known to the server before the organization object can be associated with the EPP object.".

- General:
[Linlin] Please see my feedback in the "org" draft.
 
[Linlin] Yes.
 
[Linlin] OK.

_______________________________________________
regext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/regext