Subject: [regext] BCP 221, RFC 8521 on Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Object Tagging

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 08:44:13 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 221        
        RFC 8521

        Title:      Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) 
                    Object Tagging 
        Author:     S. Hollenbeck, 
                    A. Newton
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 22381
        Updates:    RFC 7484
        See Also:   BCP 221

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8521

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8521

The Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) includes a method that
can be used to identify the authoritative server for processing
domain name, IP address, and autonomous system number queries.  The
method does not describe how to identify the authoritative server for
processing other RDAP query types, such as entity queries.  This
limitation exists because the identifiers associated with these query
types are typically unstructured.  This document updates RFC 7484 by
describing an operational practice that can be used to add structure
to RDAP identifiers and that makes it possible to identify the
authoritative server for additional RDAP queries.

This document is a product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC