Subject: Re: [regext] [hrpc] Human Rights Review of draft-ietf-regext-verificationcode

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 14:54:12 +0700

[speaking as an individual]

On 10/6/18 00:30, Adam Roach wrote:
> I strongly support enumerating the concerns raised in the HRPC review 
> as part of this document.

Since this came up during today's REGEXT meeting, I wanted to clarify 
something.

I made the above quoted statement assuming that no technical changes 
were going to be made to the document, and that the implications of the 
described mechanisms would be enumerated. It was a response to a handful 
of messages that seemed to be calling for no changes to the mechanism 
without evaluating the merit of any of the points raised by Gurshabad.

The current direction in the document (as shown by the -04 version) is 
to change the specification (e.g., removing the requirement to store 
verified data), and that seems even better. Given the direction things 
are going, I no longer see a need for an enumeration of concerns, as the 
actionable ones are being acted upon.

/a