Subject: [regext] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-loffredo-regext-rdap-reverse-search-04.txt

From: Mario Loffredo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 13:40:41 +0100

Hi all,

hope this version can fix most discussed issues.

Regards,

mario

-------- Messaggio Inoltrato --------
Oggetto: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-loffredo-regext-rdap-reverse-search-04.txt
Data: 	Thu, 31 Jan 2019 03:38:48 -0800
Mittente: 	[email-masked]
A: 	Maurizio Martinelli <[email-masked]>, Mario Loffredo 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-loffredo-regext-rdap-reverse-search-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mario Loffredo and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-loffredo-regext-rdap-reverse-search
Revision: 04
Title: Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Reverse search capabilities
Document date: 2019-01-31
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 10
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-loffredo-regext-rdap-reverse-search-04.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-loffredo-regext-rdap-reverse-search/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-loffredo-regext-rdap-reverse-search-04
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-loffredo-regext-rdap-reverse-search
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-loffredo-regext-rdap-reverse-search-04

Abstract:
The Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) does not include query
capabilities to find the list of domains related to a set of entities
matching a given search pattern. Even if such capabilities, commonly
referred as reverse search, respond to some needs not yet readily
fulfilled by the current Whois protocol, they have raised concerns
from two perspectives: server processing impact and data privacy.
Anyway, the impact of the reverse queries on RDAP servers processing
is the same as the standard searches and it can be reduced by
implementing policies to deal with large result sets, while data
privacy risks can be prevented by RDAP access control
functionalities. This document describes RDAP query extensions that
allow clients to request a reverse search based on the domains-
entities relationship.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat