Subject: [regext] Technical review of draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-00

From: Mario Loffredo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 14:11:49 +0100

Hi all,

in preparation for the discussion about 
draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-00 at IETF104, I would like to 
invite the WG members to approach its technical review. Here in the 
following the issues I consider mostly significant:

1) Whether the WG substantially agrees about the proposed approach in 
order to provide a partial response in RDAP.

2) Which field sets should be required and which response elements they 
should contain. The draft defines three required field sets and declares 
the corresponding list of elements.

3) Whether the field sets implemented by an RDAP server should be 
presented in an appropriate metadata element and, if so, which should be 
its structure. The specification described in the draft recommends 
servers return responses providing additional information about the 
available field sets. The metadata structure could contain different fields.

4) Whether the metadata described in this document should be included in 
a more general metadata section together with other contents (e.g rate 
limits, information about the server, the request, the response).

Any feedback will be very appreciated.

Regards,

mario

-- 
Dr. Mario Loffredo
Servizi Internet e Sviluppo Tecnologico
CNR - Istituto di Informatica e Telematica
via G. Moruzzi 1, I-56124 PISA, Italy
E-Mail:[email-masked]
Phone: +39.0503153497
Web:http://www.iit.cnr.it/mario.loffredo