Subject: [regext] Technical review of draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging-00

From: Mario Loffredo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 14:11:44 +0100

Hi all,

in preparation for the discussion about 
draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging-00 at IETF104, I would like to 
invite the WG members to approach its technical review. Here in the 
following the issues I consider mostly significant:

1) Whether the WG substantially agrees about the proposed approach in 
order to provide sorting, paging and counting capabilities in RDAP.

2) Whether the new query parameters described in the draft are 
considered appropriate.

3) Which sorting properties should be defined by default.

4) Whether the sorting and paging information should be provided by an 
RDAP server in two metadata elements and, if so, which should be their 
structure.

5) Whether the metadata elements described in this specification should 
be included in a more general metadata section together with other 
contents (e.g rate limits, information about the server,  the request, 
the response).

6) Whether this specification should define a unique pagination method 
or should permit both offset and cursor pagination and let RDAP 
providers to implement the appropriate method according to their needs, 
the user access levels, the submitted queries.

7) Whether the WG agrees about the contents of the "Implementation 
Considerations" section with regards to the implications for both 
Relational and no-SQL DBMSs. *
*

*
*

Any feedback will be very appreciated.

Regards,

mario

**

-- 
Dr. Mario Loffredo
Servizi Internet e Sviluppo Tecnologico
CNR - Istituto di Informatica e Telematica
via G. Moruzzi 1, I-56124 PISA, Italy
E-Mail:[email-masked]
Phone: +39.0503153497
Web:http://www.iit.cnr.it/mario.loffredo