Subject: [regext] Technical review of draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-00

From: Mario Loffredo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 14:11:53 +0100

Hi all,

in preparation for the discussion about 
draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-00 at IETF104, I would like to 
invite the WG members to approach its technical review. Here in the 
following the issues I consider mostly significant:

1) Whether the WG substantially agrees about the proposed approach in 
order to provide a reverse search capability in RDAP.

2) Whether the proposed JSON notation is considered suitable. Such a 
notation should be evaluated given the possibility to submit more 
complex queries in the next future.

3) Which reverse search path segments are required. The document defines 
some search path segments, but only some of them might be considered 
mandatory by the WG.

4) Whether it could be useful to add a generic search path segment, 
which allows the reverse search on any other entity detail (either 
standard or custom) not yet considered.

5) Whether the "Privacy Consideration" section is considered 
satisfactory or it needs further amendments.

Any feedback will be very appreciated.

mario

-- 
Dr. Mario Loffredo
Servizi Internet e Sviluppo Tecnologico
CNR - Istituto di Informatica e Telematica
via G. Moruzzi 1, I-56124 PISA, Italy
E-Mail:[email-masked]
Phone: +39.0503153497
Web:http://www.iit.cnr.it/mario.loffredo