Subject: [regext] Fwd: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7483 (5666)

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 06:27:12 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 6:23 AM
Subject: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7483 (5666)
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7483,
"JSON Responses for the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5666

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
handle:           DNRs and RIRs have registry-unique identifiers that
                     may be used to specifically reference an object
                     instance.  The semantics of this data type as found
                     in this document are to be a registry-unique
                     reference to the closest enclosing object where the
                     value is found.  The data type names "registryId",
                     "roid", "nic-handle", "registrationNo", etc., are
                     terms often synonymous with this data type.  In
                     this document, the term "handle" is used.  The term
                     exposed to users by clients is a presentation issue
                     beyond the scope of this document.

Corrected Text
--------------
handle:           DNRs and RIRs have registry-unique identifiers that
                     may be used to specifically reference an object
                     instance.  The semantics of this data type as found
                     in this document are to be a registry-unique
                     reference to the closest enclosing object where the
                     value is found.  The data type names "registryId",
                     "roid", "nic-handle", "registrationNo", etc., are
                     terms often synonymous with this data type.  In
                     this document, the term "handle" is used.  The term
                     exposed to users by clients is a presentation issue
                     beyond the scope of this document. This value is a
                     simple string.

Notes
-----
All uses of handle in section 5 call "handle" out as being a string,
but if a reader were to only read section 3 they would not know it.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary.

--------------------------------------
RFC7483 (draft-ietf-weirds-json-response-14)
--------------------------------------
Title               : JSON Responses for the Registration Data Access
Protocol (RDAP)
Publication Date    : March 2015
Author(s)           : A. Newton, S. Hollenbeck
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Web Extensible Internet Registration Data Service
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 03:22:52 -0700 (PDT)

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------

Corrected Text
--------------

Notes
-----
All uses of handle in section 5 call "handle" out as being a string, but if a reader were to only read section 3 they would not know it.

Instructions:
-------------

Title               : JSON Responses for the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP)

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 17:33:44 +0000

This report should be verified.

Scott

> -----Original Message-----
> Sent: Friday, March 22, 2019 6:23 AM
> To: [email-masked]; Hollenbeck, Scott <[email-masked]>;
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7483 (5666)
>
> The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7483, "JSON
> Responses for the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP)".
>
> All uses of handle in section 5 call "handle" out as being a string, but if a
> reader were to only read section 3 they would not know it.
>
> Instructions:
> -------------
> This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please use
> "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or rejected. When a
> decision is reached, the verifying party can log in to change the status and
> edit the report, if necessary.
>