Subject: [regext] Adopting Documents and Adding Milestones

From: "James Galvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 14:50:15 -0400

As discussed at our last meeting at IETF104 Prague, we need to set 
milestones for ourself.  As part of the discussion we considered the set 
of documents we have and reminded ourselves that we have two separate 
tracks of work: RDAP related and registry, registrar, and EPP 
(registration) related.

It had been previously suggested we limit ourselves to at most 5 
milestones at a time, even though we have about 20 documents on our 
prospect list.  With the observation of two tracks of work, our area 
director agreed that we could have about 7 milestones at a time, which 
allows us to have about 3 documents per track active at a time.

Recall that in December 2018 we conducted a poll of our prospective 
documents that easily identified 5 documents with the greatest interest. 
  We have already gone through the process of adopting those 5 documents 
and we are ready to set milestones.

However, those 5 documents break down to the OpenID document, 3 RDAP 
related documents, and 1 registration related document.  The suggestion 
is to adopt two additional registration related documents to balance our 
work.

As it turns out, the next two documents from the interest poll conducted 
in December 2018 are registration related documents:

Registry Data Escrow Specification
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arias-noguchi-registry-data-escrow/

Domain Name Registration Data Objects Mapping
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arias-noguchi-dnrd-objects-mapping/

As a result, the chairs are proposing we adopt these two additional 
documents and then move forward with 7 milestones.

Following this message you will see two messages, one for each of the 
above documents to adopt it.  You will have the opportunity to indicate 
your preference for adopting or not each of those documents separately.

Following those messages you will see a message with a proposed set of 
milestones.  The chairs have decided to take one liberty with the 
proposed set of milestones and that is we are including the two 
documents above assuming that they will be adopted.  This will speed up 
our process!

However, rest assured, if the working group does not want to adopt these 
documents and prefers something different we will make the necessary 
adjustment.  Read the voting request carefully when you see it.

Thanks!

Antoin and Jim