Subject: [regext] RFC 8590 on Change Poll Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 12:47:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8590

        Title:      Change Poll Extension for the 
                    Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) 
        Author:     J. Gould,
                    K. Feher
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 39444
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-regext-change-poll-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8590

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8590

This document describes an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
extension for notifying clients of operations on client-sponsored
objects that were not initiated by the client through EPP.  These
operations may include contractual or policy requirements including,
but not limited to, regular batch processes, customer support
actions, Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) or
Uniform Rapid Suspension (URS) actions, court-directed actions, and
bulk updates based on customer requests.  Since the client is not
directly involved or knowledgable of these operations, the extension
is used along with an EPP object mapping to provide the resulting
state of the postoperation object, and optionally a preoperation
object, with the operation metadata of what, when, who, and why.

This document is a product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC