Subject: Re: [regext] RegistryLock draft (as promised)

From: Karl Heinz Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 14:03:23 +0200

Ulrich,

thank you for writing this up. I think it is a good idea to have a document
with a definition of what a registry lock actually means (e.g. status
values to be set as listed in Section 2.3). However, some parts of your EPP
extension seem underspecified, here are a few comments and questions that
came to my mind while reading:

how does the create work? Is the example in Section 4.2.1 a domain create
that additionally adds a registry lock, or does the domain already exist
and only the registry lock is added? It looks to me as the former, but it
also says "If the object is locked, the EPP <create> command MUST be
rejected" – so this might refer to already existing domains? Having said
that, also the update section should clearly state what can be done (lock
and unlock existing domains?).

I do not find any information on the restriction type "password", it only
shows up in the schema.

I wonder if registrars would also like to receive information about out of
band unlocks via the EPP message queue.

It would also be interesting to know more about the out of band processes
(even though out of scope for the draft) you have in place for your
registry lock implementation, if you want to share that.

Thanks

Karl

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 1:51 PM Ulrich Wisser <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as promised at the Registry Lock side meeting and by Alex in the minutes
> from the meeting,
> here comes the link to my "secret" draft.
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wisser-registrylock-00
>
> Comments and improvements are of course welcome.
>
> /Ulrich
> _______________________________________________
> regext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/regext
>