Subject: [regext] milestone status and potential new work

From: "James Galvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 09:49:36 -0500

Folks have surely been tracking the progress of our existing working 
group documents.  In particular, the following documents have all been 
submitted to the IESG and are in various states on the path to 
publication.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-bundling-registration/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-dnrd-objects-mapping/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-login-security/

We have the following RDAP related documents that are not quite ready to 
be submitted to the IESG for publication but they are close.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging/

The following documents are waiting for work to get started.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-openid/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search/

This final document is parked at this time but we expect it to be 
released soon and then move through a WGLC to publication pretty 
efficiently.  It has been pending waiting for related ICANN policies and 
procedures to resolve so we could be certain there would not be any 
technical conflicts.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-tmch-func-spec/

The conclusion from all of this is that we have available about 3 
milestones we can add for EPP-related work.  Recall from our last IETF 
meeting that we have 3 proposals for new work to consider.

You will shortly see three separate CALL FOR ADOPTION messages to the 
list, one for each of the following documents.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gould-casanova-regext-unhandled-namespaces/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gould-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sattler-epp-registry-maintenance/

Please be sure to indicate your support (or non-support) for the 
adoption of these documents.

Thanks,

Antoin and Jim