Subject: Re: [regext] WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow-01 draft-ietf-regext-dnrd-objects-mapping-01

From: "James Galvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 09:35:04 -0500

This WGLC was to be closed on 4 October 2019.  There was some discussion 
about some editorial changes in draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow and there 
were a few material changes to regext-dnrd-objects-mapping.  The changes 
to the latter document maintained backward compatibility but a separate 
second WGLC was announced for it.

With this message, for the historical archive, we want to formally close 
the WGLC only for draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow.  It is now ready for 
submission to the IESG for consideration as an Internet standards track 
document.

The co-chairs count 11 indications of support for publishing this 
document.  In addition, we’d like to note the following paragraph from 
the shepherd’s write-up of this document:

The ICANN Base Registry Agreement requires registries, data escrow 
agents,
and ICANN to implement the document.  ICANN receives daily notifications
from data from data escrow agents confirming that more than 1,200 gTLDs
are sending deposits that comply with this document.  ICANN receives on 
a
weekly basis per gTLD, from more than 1,200 gTLD registries, a
Bulk Registration Data Access file that also complies with this 
document.
In addition, ICANN is aware of Registry Service Provider transitions 
using
data files that conform to this document.

The draft-ietf-regext-dnrd-objects-mapping document WGLC will be closed 
separately.

Thanks!

Antoin and Jim

On 20 Sep 2019, at 9:31, James Galvin wrote:

> The following working group documents are believed to be ready for 
> submission to the IESG for publication as a Proposed Standard:
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow/
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-dnrd-objects-mapping/
>
> These documents are a set and will be processed together.
>
> The WG LAST CALL will end in two weeks at close of business, Friday, 4 
> October 2019.
>
> Please review these documents and indicate your support (a simple 
> “+1” is sufficient) or concerns with the publication of these 
> documents by replying to this message on the list.
>
> Finally, we need a document shepherd for these documents.  If you are 
> interested in being the document shepherd please let the Chairs know 
> by sending a message to the list or to [email-masked].
>
> Thanks!
>
> Antoin and Jim