Subject: [regext] Alissa Cooper's Discuss on draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow-07: (with DISCUSS)

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 06:48:24 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow-07: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I support Benjamin's DISCUSS and Roman's last DISCUSS point. Regarding Section
11, there are often legal agreements in place that govern all sorts of things
about how protocols transfer data between parties, but those are not the main
thing to document in an RFC. Section 11 should be documenting the technical
considerations for how to protect the data that may be escrowed.