Subject: [regext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 05:53:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Registration Protocols Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Reverse search capabilities
        Authors         : Mario Loffredo
                          Maurizio Martinelli
	Filename        : draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-05-18

Abstract:
   The Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) does not include query
   capabilities to find the list of domains related to a set of entities
   matching a given search pattern.  Even if such capabilities, commonly
   referred as reverse search, respond to some needs not yet readily
   fulfilled by the current Whois protocol, they have raised concerns
   from two perspectives: server processing impact and data privacy.
   Anyway, the impact of the reverse queries on RDAP servers processing
   is the same as the standard searches and it can be reduced by
   implementing policies to deal with large result sets, while data
   privacy risks can be prevented by RDAP access control functionality.
   In the RDAP context, an entity can be associated to any defined
   object class.  Therefore, a reverse search can be applied to other
   use cases than the classic domain-entity scenario.  This document
   describes an RDAP search query extension that allows clients to
   request a reverse search based on the relationship between an object
   and the associated entities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/