Subject: [regext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging-15.txt> (Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Query Parameters for Result Sorting and Paging) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 04:15:31 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Registration Protocols Extensions WG
(regext) to consider the following document: - 'Registration Data Access
Protocol (RDAP) Query Parameters for Result
   Sorting and Paging'
  <draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-08-13. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) does not include core
   functionality for clients to provide sorting and paging parameters
   for control of large result sets.  This omission can lead to
   unpredictable server processing of queries and client processing of
   responses.  This unpredictability can be greatly reduced if clients
   can provide servers with their preferences for managing large
   responses.  This document describes RDAP query extensions that allow
   clients to specify their preferences for sorting and paging result
   sets.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc8605: vCard Format Extensions: ICANN Extensions for the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) (Informational - IETF stream)