Subject: [regext] Protocol Action: 'Registry Data Escrow Specification' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 04:22:27 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Registry Data Escrow Specification'
  (draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow/

Technical Summary
This document describes the Registry Data Escrow Specification
that specifies the format and contents of data escrow deposits
primarily for domain name registries.

Working Group Summary
This standards-track document specifies a format for data escrow
deposits that is independent of the objects being escrowed.
A specification is required for each type of registry/set of objects
that is expected to be escrowed, an example of which is
draft-ietf-regext-dnrd-objects-mapping for Domain Name Registration
Data (DNRD).

Document Quality
This document has been widely discussed on the ire mailing list,
has been broadly implemented by members of the domain name
industry (registries and data escrow agents), and has been adopted
and discussed in the regext working group.  The author has addressed
all comments and many changes have been incorporated in the document.

The ICANN Base Registry Agreement requires registries, data escrow agents,
and ICANN to implement the document.  ICANN receives daily notifications
from data from data escrow agents confirming that more than 1,200 gTLDs
are sending deposits that comply with this document.  ICANN receives on a
weekly basis per gTLD, from more than 1,200 gTLD registries, a
Bulk Registration Data Access file that also complies with this document.
In addition, ICANN is aware of Registry Service Provider transitions using
data files that conform to this document.

Personnel
Document shepherd is James Gould, [email-masked]
Area Director is Barry Leiba, [email-masked]